cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

trying to get input from mathcad 14 to work on mathcad express prime

rforsyth
1-Newbie

trying to get input from mathcad 14 to work on mathcad express prime

Hey I'm a student and at school we use mathcad 14. I decided to download the free mathcad express prime to try and be able to work on my homework and class problems outside of school. I've tried typing in exactly what we did in class (which worked perfectly) into the free mathcad express and nothing seems to be working and can't figure out how to type some of the functions into the program. Here is the part that was giving me the most trouble. the left is what we did in class (on a word document) and right is my attempt at inputting it into mathcad express.

Thanks

Screenshot (1).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It looks like it is a difference between the array subscript & the literal subscript.

if you look very closely, the array subscript operator is wholly below the array name whereas the literal subscript is only 1/2 line down.

The array subscript is written either through the operator button on the ribbon or with '['.

The literal subscript with the subscript button or <ctrl> -

Capture.PNG

file attached

There is also the possibility that there is confusion with the label set for the various names used ( prime is bad for this) .

there are formatting differences - so in the pictures shown, it doesn't appear to be this.

It is easier to solve the 'correct' problem if the file is attached.

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Please attach your Mathcad Prime worksheet to the message by using "Use advanced editor".

Its hard to debug a picture. Especially as you don't show the errormessage you get either.

Could it be that you mixed up literal indices and matrix indices?

From what I see it look like you should use matrix indices throughout. The keyboard shortcut is [ in both versions of mathcad.

WE

It looks like it is a difference between the array subscript & the literal subscript.

if you look very closely, the array subscript operator is wholly below the array name whereas the literal subscript is only 1/2 line down.

The array subscript is written either through the operator button on the ribbon or with '['.

The literal subscript with the subscript button or <ctrl> -

Capture.PNG

file attached

There is also the possibility that there is confusion with the label set for the various names used ( prime is bad for this) .

there are formatting differences - so in the pictures shown, it doesn't appear to be this.

It is easier to solve the 'correct' problem if the file is attached.

Regards

Andy

Thank You! That worked awesome didn't realize there was two separate ways . But all works perfectly now!

Top Tags