cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

unable to yield table of complex numbers 200 data points (Mathcad 15)

J-Hong
2-Guest

unable to yield table of complex numbers 200 data points (Mathcad 15)

Hi

I am calculating the dielectric refractive of index. The data point n is 0..200

When I tried to calculate P0(n), I got [201, 1] in all the points and all the values suppose to be complex numbers like showing as Pw(n). Does anyone know what happened?

Hong

1581526873306.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:J-Hong)

The indication [201,1] means that that 'value' is an array of 201 rows, 1 column.

In the definition of P0(n) you use two vectors in the argument of the exponent, they are f and da, but note that while you specify a single element of f (namely fn), you specify the entire array da (no n).

This means that when evaluating P0(n), for each of the 201 values of range n, you get an array of the length of da (which is 201 elements).

If you change the definition of P0(n) to select only one element of da (used dan), or you define da without n, so "da:=0.1 mm", you should get the results you expect.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:J-Hong)

The indication [201,1] means that that 'value' is an array of 201 rows, 1 column.

In the definition of P0(n) you use two vectors in the argument of the exponent, they are f and da, but note that while you specify a single element of f (namely fn), you specify the entire array da (no n).

This means that when evaluating P0(n), for each of the 201 values of range n, you get an array of the length of da (which is 201 elements).

If you change the definition of P0(n) to select only one element of da (used dan), or you define da without n, so "da:=0.1 mm", you should get the results you expect.

Success!
Luc

Thank you very much

You save my life today!!!!

Top Tags