cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

unwanted label "keyword"

Hum
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

unwanted label "keyword"

Werner_E recently instructed me on how to utilize the root function but now that I try and implement it I think that Prime is manipulating the storage of that functions return values in new variables which leads to inexplicable problems down the line. 

Here on page 2, I use root and store the values in alpha and beta however Prime sets their label to "keyword" and presumably that is interfering with the integration on page 3. I try changing the label with the drop down menu but PTC is not having it and the label reverts back to their pre-set. What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Hum)

When you assign values to alpha and beta on page 2, alpha and beta to the left of the assignment := were labelled "keyword", but when I change those two to "variable" or "automatic" they stay that way also after recalculation and do NOT change back to "keyword"

Not sure in which way you think the label would interfere with the integrals on page 3.

I attach the worksheet where the label is changed to "auto" and Prime correctly choses "(variable)" on its own.

Hum
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you Sir. Prime integrals don't integrate over keyword limits. I may have typed alpha and beta in the same string as the "root" function that I selected from the "all functions" list, then inserted the colon equals sign to seperate the intended variable from the function. Perhaps that is how it became a keyword? I couldn't say for sure. Alpha and beta were bold at first but I did manage to change that.

I know I didn't intentionaly set their label to keyword because until now I've been trying to change the labels of things under the "Math Formatting" tab. No wonder my labels never changed properly. I guess that is where one is supposed to stylize their labels. Whoops... 

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Hum)

Primes auto labeling can be quite  beastly.

You can change the label on the "calculate" ribbon" (between "Operators and symbols" and "Units").

Hum
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock
(To:Werner_E)

Acknowledged Mr. Werner_E...

Top Tags