cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

urgent help needed cant open a file in prime 5.0

ThomasMSK
3-Visitor

urgent help needed cant open a file in prime 5.0

cant open the file this morning. hope some one can help me. need to be done by the  05-04 and just cant open it  and its all done .. help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Luc is unfortunately right.

The file in the archive consists of 4808988 bytes which are all zero (this makes for a very good compression and is responsible for the very small archive size which Luc had noticed) . So there is no information in this file which could be recovered and your only hope is that you have a backup lying around.

We have heard here quite a few times about this effect with Prime files getting damaged. Seems the program is not really reliable which means one must make more backups than with other software to be on a safer side.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ThomasMSK)

I don't like .rar files, but in this case I don't expect it to be a problem, the .rar file is so small (389 bytes) that it will not hold a valid Prime sheet file.

Conclusion: you data is probably lost. I hope you have a backup.

Success!
Luc

a okey no rar from now one.

it cant upload the worksheet from my pc to the forum direct how do you like to get it ? 4.58MB (same file in the rar)

i ben looking true some small simple worksheet whit pics in them that are smaller 1.5mb . so in my find the must be something in it ?

As written above - no need to upload the file. There is nothing which could be recovered from it.

Luc is unfortunately right.

The file in the archive consists of 4808988 bytes which are all zero (this makes for a very good compression and is responsible for the very small archive size which Luc had noticed) . So there is no information in this file which could be recovered and your only hope is that you have a backup lying around.

We have heard here quite a few times about this effect with Prime files getting damaged. Seems the program is not really reliable which means one must make more backups than with other software to be on a safer side.

Top Tags