cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

variable undefined

dmaynard
4-Participant

variable undefined

My expfit equation is not plotting. I am getting an "undefined variable" error. When I backtrace the error, my modified expfit equation tells me that "t_e" is undefined and to check label is set correctly. On the plot, the array dimensions do not match. Unsure how to correct these issues. Pages 7 and 8 are the problems. Using mathcad prime 3.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:dmaynard)

Three issues that I found:

1. You used exp^(z), where z = Ee2*te.  This is a function raised to a power.  You should use either exp(z) (function with input), or e^(z) (constaint raised to a power).
  2. You used the Matrix Row operator, but should use the Matrix/Vector Index to call out the constants obtained from expfit.
  3. You omitted the third constant from expfit.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

May be so

Use please  x[1 not x<1>

kk.png

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:dmaynard)

Three issues that I found:

1. You used exp^(z), where z = Ee2*te.  This is a function raised to a power.  You should use either exp(z) (function with input), or e^(z) (constaint raised to a power).
  2. You used the Matrix Row operator, but should use the Matrix/Vector Index to call out the constants obtained from expfit.
  3. You omitted the third constant from expfit.

Capture.PNG

dmaynard
4-Participant
(To:MJG)

Thank you for your help. I am trying to teach myself on this program and run into pitfalls occassionally. I appreciate the quick response.

Top Tags