Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vector image insertion and manipulation

Re: vector image insertion and manipulation

>I'm not sure what you mean by "refused". Refused by who or what ? <

What was refused, in the context of the thread, is a minimal graphic package resident in Mathcad for drawing sketches directly in the work sheet or like in ORIGINLAB some minimal arrows and the likes. I remember suggesting a menu . Steen was the collab raising that feature in the former Mathcad collab.

OK, I understand.

And yes, this topic came up several times in the Collab!

William Pong wrote:

Thanks jmg --

I'm unfamiliar with (but just did some surfing on) De Casteljau nurbs. Is there an ability within matchad to draw / manipulate such curves? Expand a little -- I'm interested in what you allude to.

--Will

The first part of the attached is the DeCasteljau construct of a discontinuous scalable contour. It shows how much a minimal CAD data base can built up . Here, we assign the coordinates, in a CAD the coordinates are read from the screen and thus driving the data base of the shape. The Moulinet and Orifice plate are Excel 97 made, They are not "SVG style" quality scalable, but still very acceptable @ 0 $ and quick. I give the link for 969 free CAD. If you try some, please let us know your appreciation.

jmG

Thanks Richard -- I was able to see the graphic. Interesting. As an aside, I note that the face wasn't smiling =]. Perhaps you intended a sort of "mouth-open-aghast-that-mathcad-doesn't-have-built-in-vector-graphic-sketching-capacity-look." =].

Helpful info. Thanks!

--Will

Thanks jmG --

I'm a bit unclear. Sorry to be a bit of a noob on this stuff, and requiring a bit more pedantic explanation...

1. How exactly were these graphics created and then placed in mathcad (with excel97)?

2. How does one use "ImageMatricClipboardOperation"

3. What exactly is the Improc pack? (is it a separate download for $$, a separate install, etc)

Thanks for the patience. Trying to do this research on the side, in between other pressures at work (I regret having little time to really jump in and do a bunch of research on the web).

--Will

William Pong wrote:

Thanks Richard -- I was able to see the graphic.

I thought you would, but it's good to have that confirmed. So if you get yourself a cheap copy of CorelDraw you are all set. Both Amazon and Ebay have old versions for sale for under $100, and unless your artistic skills are a great deal better than mine an old version will do everything you need. I use version 10, which is so old I didn't even see it on Amazon when I looked!

Interesting.

My math skills are better than my artistic skills 🙂

As an example of what is possible, here's a real graphic I put together in corelDraw. Embedding an image like this does make for a large Mathcad file, but it's a complex graphic with transparency and shading. (The size is about the same whether it's embedded as a CorelDraw object or a metafile).

Announcements