cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

vectorization

jlee-2
1-Newbie

vectorization

I got advice to use "vectorization"

But I wonder something.

I saw the book and I knew that "vectorization" is just possible to calculate about same raw and column.

But I need to know total calcuation values.

For example

a=0,1,2,3,4,5 b=1,2,3,4,5

y=ax*b

if I caculate by using "range variable", I get total calcualtion values. in case

<a=0,b=1> ,<a=0, b=2>.....<a=0,b=5>

<a=1,b=1>, <a=1, b=2>.....<a=1, b=5>

<a=5, b=1>, <a=5, b=2>......<a=5, b=5>

I want to get values following.

I couldn't have used "vector" because I thought that I couldn't get it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jlee-2)

I want to get values look like "range variable" because I need to total values when I did iteration calculation.

How to do what you want is explained in detail in the sheet I sent and various methods are provided for you to chose from. The function and vector variables used in the sheet are different from those given by you now because I used what you had provided in the last thread.

All methods given will calculate all combinations of values from the two vectors - the difference is the way those values are arranged. I also provided ways to arrange all values in a single column vector similar to what the result looks like when you use ranges, but I doubt that this data representation is the most useful. But if you really insist on it - its there.

I now can't attach my file because I need to clean my file.

Yes, the last sheet you attached was quite a mess.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

The worksheet, pls!

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Vectors are often faster and easier. For some things you need indices.

thank you. I try to appy my work !

And I have a question.

If I use "nested array", Can i get values that I want to get?

How do you think?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

If I use "nested array", Can i get values that I want to get?

How do you think?

??? I think you will have to be more precise on what you intend to do to get an adequate answer.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Isn't this basically the very same question you already asked a week ago here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/262848#262848

Fred answered and as you never mark a question as being answered (which is a bit irritating) we have to assume that you got what you want when you don't come back again as so often.

Thank you to effort to help me.

I want to get values look like "range variable" because I need to total values when I did iteration calculation.

So I try to explain what I want and why I do it

1. I need to calculate interation in case of changing variable such as a, a', r or mu.

question.PNG

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

How to do what you want is explained in detail in the sheet I sent and various methods are provided for you to chose from. The function and vector variables used in the sheet are different from those given by you now because I used what you had provided in the last thread.

All methods given will calculate all combinations of values from the two vectors - the difference is the way those values are arranged. I also provided ways to arrange all values in a single column vector similar to what the result looks like when you use ranges, but I doubt that this data representation is the most useful. But if you really insist on it - its there.

Yes, the last sheet you attached was quite a mess.

okay I got it.

thank you for condideration

jlee-2
1-Newbie

I could success to express theta look like "range variable"

But I can't get "alpa"

I guess the reason why I can't get values is due to "beta"

I got error. error said me that the unit is not compatible.

so I don't know which it is wrong.

2.PNG

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

I'm beginning to believe that you are leading us on; you keep making the same errors, failing to grasp the same concepts.

Read the discussions in the help files about units, range variables, vectors, etc.; and built yourself little demosstration programs until you understand how this software works.

Okay. I got it.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Please don't cross post and ask the same question in two different threads.

http://communities.ptc.com/message/263952#263952

Moreover I would second what Fred wrote!

I am sorry. I forgot to delete my question.

Top Tags