cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

why minerr() cannot work ?

FanCG
1-Newbie

why minerr() cannot work ?

I wanna estimate k0, n, and k in the ODEs, but cannot let Minerr() run in my calculating sheet.

but flexPDE can give a reasonable answer

see the attached picture:

question.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:FanCG)

Main error was that the interval for odesolve was just up to 1000, but one of the values in tau.exp which you then feed into the resulting functions was 1500.

Minor errors are a typo in the variable name tau.exp (extra period at the and of the name) and the definition of the range t which should be tau.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Main error was that the interval for odesolve was just up to 1000, but one of the values in tau.exp which you then feed into the resulting functions was 1500.

Minor errors are a typo in the variable name tau.exp (extra period at the and of the name) and the definition of the range t which should be tau.

FanCG
1-Newbie
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you very much, esp. my "minor" error you pointed out!!!!!!

ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine

...And in Given/Odesolve block must be C.A(tau)^n but not C.A(tau)^2.

See in attached file.

Viktor

Viktor Korobov wrote:

...And in Given/Odesolve block must be C.A(tau)^n but not C.A(tau)^2.

See in attached file.

Well spotted! That was the reason for the unsatisfactoy fit.

Oh, yeah, I mis-typed the reaction order, that's why the optimized reaction order is equal to inintial guess, I made so many mistakes in the calculation

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Fan CG wrote:

Oh, yeah, I mis-typed the reaction order, that's why the optimized reaction order is equal to inintial guess, I made so many mistakes in the calculation

As long as you learn from them

Top Tags