cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

why this variable is undefined?

ptc-5085502
1-Newbie

why this variable is undefined?

could someone help me to solve it? thx for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Henry already stated your solve block is missing the beginnng "Given", you had a typo (LW instead of Lw) and most of all you mixed up literal (.) and vectorial ([) subscript quite a lot.

See attached

@henry: The vectot V is not a problem as the solve block is turned into a function of V and so its the parameter which is fed into the first two equations and not the vector.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Only spotted a few error,

the biggest problem is your first two equation is redundent because the LHS are both the same, so you only have 5 equation with 6 unknown <---this statement is wrong as WE pointed out in another post

You missed a "Given" in your solve block

and you used a defined variable V, as you parameter in the Trim function. and V is a vector..so your first two constrain has a Vector = a scalor

pay attention not to use the same variable name again in the worksheet

and you have a C.lw that is not defined. I guess it should be C.Lw ?

change your parameter using other name, so instead of Trim(V), do Trim(X) (but thats not the main problem, it is the lack of constraint) .

And I find that you have a few constant that is zero, maybe you should just eliminate those terms if possible.

Message was edited by: henry leung

As Henry already stated your solve block is missing the beginnng "Given", you had a typo (LW instead of Lw) and most of all you mixed up literal (.) and vectorial ([) subscript quite a lot.

See attached

@henry: The vectot V is not a problem as the solve block is turned into a function of V and so its the parameter which is fed into the first two equations and not the vector.

Thx Werner! I did not know mathcad can regonize parameter that way

thankyou very much all..its heplfull for me..im a newbie..i started learn mathcad 2 days ago..hope you teach me in the future..thx

You are welcome, Feel free to ask again if you need help.

Top Tags