cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

working with INSERT REFERENCE

HusseinNaserald
1-Newbie

working with INSERT REFERENCE

Hi,

i have been trying to use the INSERT REFERENCE function but it seems not working. i will be grateful for an example that works and the tips for building such a working couple of worksheets.

thanks in advance,

Hussein

8 REPLIES 8

Mathcad15 or Prime?

Mathcad 15!

I want to have in Mathcad not constant g (acceleration of free fall), but a function of h and latitude. I make reference to cloud Mathcad-sheet on the address http://twt.mpei.ru/TTHB/g-h-psi.xmcdz and have this function

Thanks a lot Valery.

What is the .xmcdz extension?

Could you provide the file?

What could be the reasons that my file, when referencing another file, doesn't seem to do anything via the reference?

thanks in advance,

Hussein

I just noticed the file is in the link.

What could be the reasons that my file, when referencing another file, doesn't seem to do anything via the reference?

There is no way to answer that without seeing the worksheets. Please post both sheets (to attach files, click on "Use advanced editor" at the top right of the edit dialog).

Thanks. Please see the attached.

I could see that the reference insertion did not do the job while the same code of the called sheet, when put directly into the worksheet, it works perfectly.

I am puzzled.

Thanks,

Hussein

What do you expect it to do? There's only a function definition in the called sheet. A function definition doesn't do anything until you call the function, which you never do. The function definition in the calling sheet does not do anything either.

Hi Richard,,

Due to your questions, I understood the mistakes in my worksheet.

I revised the code so that the function is called now and not only defined. It works.

Great. thanks.

Mathcad 15 on Win7

Top Tags