cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

x value at which the function is max, and the maximum function value

SFares
12-Amethyst

x value at which the function is max, and the maximum function value

Hello,

In the attached mathcad sheet, i need to determine the x value at which the function M(x) is maximum, and need the maximum value of the moment function M(x). Thanks!

46 REPLIES 46
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I think so!!!

I dare not try and open the worksheet again it nearly crashed my machine.

Hello Werner and Mike,

I have some additional questions regarding the same sheet ( it is attached). please scroll down to the red arrow to see my question. I appreciate any assistance .

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:SFares)

2.0MB file

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I am not fully getting what you want.

Can you extract the section you want into a new sheet and display a list of expected results. You might loose interest with a file that large.

i am attaching an explanation of what i am trying to accomplish. hopefully this will clarify it.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have a look at the attached. I have attempted the first array.

Mike

That looks great for the first array. This IS what i wanted for the first array. Thanks!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

How about the attached?

Mike,

The issue that i see with first array it is using 13 @ 4 ft, but it should be 12. if you look in the second array you end up with 63.667,which is longer than the truss length 59.667.

what does V.row(v)<-----Lp mean?

Thanks Mike!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Sorry, I missed the -1 from No.

Please note I have changed ORIGIN to zero again within your sheet. Is this ok?

yes that is okay. Thanks!

Mike,

am I clear about what i am trying to accomplish with the moment?

I would like the sheet to report the following:

1. Report the starting "x" and ending "x" that makes the moment function value larger than the user moment.

2.Report which of these members ( indexes of the cells in array #1 that falls into this range between starting x and ending x. Even if part of the panel Lp falls into it we need to count it. you could possibly use the dimensions in array 2 to help you with . Thanks alot

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Sorry about the brute force method I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do it, but I am running out of time today.

I found one

Thanks a lot Mike. it was great work. i will look into and see if i have any questions.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

No problem at all.

The only thing I would suggest is, if you come across any additional problems which are different to those already solved, I would suggest creating a new thread, because the solutions will get lost within this thread when they could have helped others.

Got it. Thanks Mike!

Top Tags