cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there a more detailed description to help me understand chapter 5 of the Sigma-Tile Workshop Guide?

jamesso
10-Marble

Is there a more detailed description to help me understand chapter 5 of the Sigma-Tile Workshop Guide?

I don't follow chapter 5's details.

It mentions line and asset. What is the sigma-tile supposed to be?

Are assets and lines a complete simulation? What choices make sense when setting these up?

I suspect that the workshop was instructor-led at some point and so the written instructions are short on detail.

Kepware is connected to my Sigma-Tile and properties are being reported there.

What is a minimal sequence of step by step instructions (for noobies) to see the tile represented properly inside of the Manufacturing Apps interface?

Thanks,

Jim

PS, why must each of my posts to this Sigma-Tile community be approved by a moderator before it appears? How do I get to feel like a real community member?

8 REPLIES 8

Jim,

Sigma-Tile is an asset. You can have multiple Sigma-Tile to create a line. You can also add some more assets which is driven by simulator. I used combination of this when I tried.

Simple you can try with one line with one asset as well.

Thanks,

Varathan

jamesso
10-Marble
(To:jamesso)

Thanks for the reply Varathan.

I watched the videos here: https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started

This helped me see inside the steps in the workshop guide.

Where can you get the simulator .opf file? I don't think the Sigma-Tile opf includes them but I could be wrong.

You should able to find the opf file and other information in this link https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started/ThingWorx-Manufacturing-Apps-Technical-Lab-wit…

Connect It section has the opf file.

Thanks.

Varathan

jamesso
10-Marble

That's the opf file that I already have. I guess I can see what asset types I can create from there other than make one up based on the Sigma-Tile itself.

Jim,

This example has multiple lines with multiple assets. It runs using the simulator. You may want to look at this as well.

https://www.ptc.com/en/thingworx/manufacturing-apps/Dashboard/Get-Started/Configuring-the-Apps-with-Demo-Data-Set-and-Si…

Thanks,

Varathan

jamesso
10-Marble

I found the zip file and I will check it out as a more realistic manufacturing line example and integration. Seems to provide a more realistic factory experience. Hopefully the included artifacts will work with the 8.1.1 version.

I used the data in one of my 8.1.1 instance last week and it worked. You should be fine.

Thanks,

Varathan

Good to hear. I will check it out for sure. I want to be sure I can revert to the Sigma-Tile configuration when I want to.

Top Tags