cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Is there an updated Sigma Tile Workshop Guide?

jamesso
10-Marble

Is there an updated Sigma Tile Workshop Guide?

I am looking at Chapter 3 of the guide from last Fall and there are supposed to be 6 values for Screen_Control where 0 is supposed to turn the Sense Hat into white checkmark in a green background. For me, a 0 leaves the Sense Hat in a circular pattern of white. However, the value 2 does produce this Running led image.

I cannot find the screen_control value that produces a the Device Error image (White triangle on orange background).

So something seems out of sync. I am using the V5 version of the SD image for the Pi/Sigma Tile.

Perhaps someone has an idea to help me understand what I am seeing.

3 REPLIES 3
jamesso
10-Marble
(To:jamesso)

Actually, I was the one that changed the values for Device Status to be different from the defaults. I had turned my one sigma tile into an asset on a production line and it made sense to use 0 for not configured there. The device error should come up when I cause the sigma time to simulate an asset detected as operating abnormally. The last time I interacted with the Manufacturing apps was 5 months ago and my memory of what I did is a little rusty.

jamesso
10-Marble

Sorry, I think there is a change in the screen_control for the v5 version of the Sigma Tile SD. The value 2 IS what you need to set/check for the tile to report "Running". The Workshop Guide says 0 is what screen_control should be for Running.

Something is different from the last time I tried this. So I still suspect the guide is out of date.

I have not updated to Kepware 6.4. Still running 6.3. Perhaps that's what's different?

jamesso
10-Marble

OK, I read the python code on the mfg-tile site and the new screen_control settings are in the logic of SigmaTile_SenseHat_V5.py. 2 is the value that indicates running in version 5. 

So I guess there is a documentation regression now.

It would be nice to see new documentation come out sometime soon.

Top Tags