cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Sigma Tile Guide

jye-2
1-Newbie

Sigma Tile Guide

Hi Team,

I do have a question about the Chapter 6, Extending your TW Manu APPS.

I have followed the instruction and it doesn't work as expected.

When I triggered an Alert in Sigma Tile PI, it cannot be automatically displayed in LED, leaving errors in KEPServerEX.

Date           Time            Level           Source                                     Event

7/25/2017      12:02:13 PM     Warning         IoT Gateway                                Write rejected for item '.Screen_Control': the tag has not been added to the plugin.

7/25/2017      12:02:23 PM     Warning         IoT Gateway                                Write rejected for item '.Screen_Control': the tag has not been added to the plugin.

7/25/2017      12:02:33 PM     Warning         IoT Gateway                                Write rejected for item '.Screen_Control': the tag has not been added to the plugin.

If I execute the Service manually, the alert is displayed in LED.

I do believe there is some problem in the Services but I have no clue to dig, like the Tag Name you defined in the Service.

Could you help with that?

I have changed the OPCDAThingName to my Asset name, as well as the URL in IoT Gateway.

Thanks,

Jason YE

4 REPLIES 4
mthakker
6-Contributor
(To:jye-2)

Hey Jason,

I have a feeling that this is due to some data model changes in the apps from when we originally wrote those services.  Let me look into it and get back to you.

Thanks!

Milan

By looking at the error, I suspect the following.

1. Do you have the IoT Gateway plugin installed? if not install it.

2. If installed, can you make sure you installed 32-bit JRE as required by IoT Gateway.

Also, in the current release we need not use IoT Gateway to write back instead native connection should work. You can simply make sure those properties are updated in bounded properties of the asset in Thingworx and make sure the property is configured for write back as others.

Thanks,

Varathan

Hey Varathan,

Thanks for the reply.

IoT Gateway is well configured and running normally, but write failed, seems like the tag '.Screen_Control' doesn't exist.

And in your comment, no need to use the IoT Gateway?

I can only trigger the alert, however, it will not displayed in Sense Hat display.

I imported the extension from Manu app website.

Thanks,

Jason

Then Check .Screen_Control tag exists in extension. If so check the device names (fully qualified name) as well.

On the IoT gateway, you do not have to use REST call. Instead, you can configure the tags such that it can write back using Native TWX-Kepware integration.

Top Tags