cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

exercise 1 no files

RM_11004935
1-Newbie

exercise 1 no files

Is this a common problem< i go into working directory, go down to exercise 1 and there is no file to open.

10 REPLIES 10

It should be there in Creo Parametric. Here are some screenshots of the initial steps.

first.png

second.png

third.png

fourth.png

fifth.png

  

Thank you for the reply but I followed the lesson directions and I made it all the way down to exercise 1, when I opened that there was nothing in it

Hmmm... can you share a screenshot of your VM? It might help me understand.

Let's start at the beginning. In your VM, within Creo, when you click File > Open you should see this:

launch1.png

Do you not see this?

-------
Matt Huybrecht

I followed the documentation packet, it said open working directory, open CRFD-ANLS Creo_Fundamentals of analysis, then open Analysis and then open exercise 1, I did all that and in exercise 1 there aren't any sub folders.

So, Fundamentals of Analysis, Exercise 1 you're struggling with?

Set the working directory to CRFD-ANLS Creo_ Fundamentals of Analysis\Analysis\Exercise 1 and open FEET.PRT:

launch2.png

-------
Matt Huybrecht

I am not struggling with it, There isn't a sub folder to open, there is no possible way to struggle with it when the dwg they want me to work with is missing.

In Exercise 1 there is no drawing to "work with". You are literally opening a part model called FEET.PRT, then viewing the current model properties, and modifying the units from metric to English. There is no subfolder to open, there is no drawing.

I'm not sure what you're looking at. If you'd provide me with the full Exercise, task, and step you're stuck on I could help you.

-------
Matt Huybrecht

I found what I was doing wrong, it's all worked out, thank you

I believe you're going through setting your working directory first. If that's the case, you'll see what I show below which will not have any files as it's setting a folder. After doing this, then click open (as I've shown above) to open the file.

working directory.png

Top Tags