cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Copied Group operation

nsrivastava
6-Contributor

Copied Group operation

I was going through a tutorial provided by the Creo help site and there was a file of a cranck shaft. When I checked it's Model tree I saw Group of some features were copied to a distance and about an angel. How it is done in creo please tell me about it. I am attaching the file....

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually, you can add any number of moves / rotates to the copy.  See the Transformations tab...

move_copy_paste.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

1) Select the feature(s)

2) Model Tab - > Operations group -> Copy (or CTRL+C)

3) Model Tab - > Operations group -> Paste -> Paste Special -> Check the "Apply move/rotate transformations to copies"

nsrivastava
6-Contributor
(To:psobejko)

Thanks for reply. But in the file you can see the copied feaures are moved and rotated as well, both option can not be saved in paste special command.

Actually, you can add any number of moves / rotates to the copy.  See the Transformations tab...

move_copy_paste.png

nsrivastava
6-Contributor
(To:psobejko)

Thanks for the reply I will try it in my work.Smiley Wink

Here is the video which shows the utilization this command in the Creo.  Hope other community member seeking to learn this command  will find it useful....

Thank again for guiding me....

Nisheeth.

Hello Experts,

I tried recreating a "Group COPIED_GROUP" feature with copy and paste special command but ended up with a different "Moved Copy" in model tree. I was able to create the feature successfully  even though model tree is having a different command. 

What command should I use to replicate the "Group COPIED_GROUP" in the model tree of attached image.

Thanks,

Mathew

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:nsrivastava)

In the assy, go to COMPONENT drop down arrow, COMPONENT OPERATIONS, TRANSFORM.

Top Tags