cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 2.0 to 3.0 migration help and suggestions

sid_pileski
3-Visitor

Creo 2.0 to 3.0 migration help and suggestions

Hello all. Our company is moving from Creo 2 to 3. (I know, we are slow to adopt new things!)

The last time we updated to Creo 2, we all went to a training course for two or three days if I recall. Quite honestly, the guy who taught the class, pretty much just read from the same binder of materials that we were all provided with anyway.  I'm looking for suggestions that others might have used to help us out. I've played with 3.0 a little bit, and I don't think there is a lot of new things. Any youtube videos that you would recommend?

I'm wondering if PTC has the same type of "binder" of information available without having to pay for an actual instructor to come in? (I've contacted PTC, waiting for a call back).

Thanks in advance.

Sid

7 REPLIES 7
erine
12-Amethyst
(To:sid_pileski)

May I ask why 3.0 when 4.0 is out?

If you're going to migrate and have been slow to adopt, your company might consider going straight to 4.0 since it's considered an Enterprise release.  My 2 cents.

Creo 2 to 3 changes:

PTC Comparison

concurrent-engineering.co.uk Top 5 Enhancements

concurrent-engineering.co.uk What's New

cadalyst.com article

Creo 4.0 / M060

Sid you are not alone in the upgrade, even our company is upgrading from 2.0 to 4.0 may be by this year end. Also I agree with Erine's comments about moving directly to 4.0. Earlier last year we had planned to move to 3.0 but when 4.0 was released and after me doing a beta testing on Creo 4.0, we decided to directly move to this better version. So we are planning to do testing and upgrade shortly. Manjunath

Why would you go to Creo 4 when there have been only 2 maintenance builds?  We NEVER go earlier than at least M070 and some of the time even later.

I would rather other people/companines be the beta testers.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:STEVEG)

With the new yearly release cycle, by the time Creo 4.0 M070 comes out Creo 5.0 will already be at M020 and Creo 6.0 will only be 6 months away.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

That's ok with me.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

I am not saying I am not open to changing that in future and starting with a lower build.  At this point I have no reason to believe earlier builds of PTC's CAD modeling program (Pro/E, Wildfire, Creo and who know WHAT it will be later on) is considered production ready.

Yes, later builds have problems and some can be major problems.  But for me and my company the later builds are generally better.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:sid_pileski)

Hi Sid, PTC has courses available on their PTC University website that is specifically geared towards users upgrading from one version to another of their software. The course you would be looking for is for users going from Creo 2.0 to Creo 3.0.  Our company has utilized PTC University for upgrades before in the past and it has worked out well and plan to utilize it again in the future.  The only problem is the cost...

Top Tags