cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Crossover training from Elements Direct Express to Creo 4.0

Rusty007
7-Bedrock

Crossover training from Elements Direct Express to Creo 4.0

Hi.
My son has got very used to Creo Elements/Direct Express... the toolbars, etc are numerous and very intuitive.

He's made the jump to Creo 4.0 but the interface looks totally different (and number of toolbars is like a single toolbar). Can anyone point me to any manual, video, or other resource that helps him make the leap from Direct Express to 4.0?

Thanks..

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Rusty007)

The best list of tutorials I have seen is here https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Discussions/How-are-you-learning-Creo-Parametric-CAD/td-p/263049

I haven't seen anything specifically for the transition from elements direct to parametric though.

It won't be a seamless transition, it takes an effort to learn Creo Parametric. 

Creo Elements / Direct and Creo 4.0 are very different programs.  Creo Elements / Direct Modeling is a non history based non parametric program.  Parametrics can be added in, but are not required.

Creo Elements / Direct Express has a commercial version Creo Elements / Direct Modeling, the latest is version 20.0

Creo 4.0 is a fully history based, parametric based program, formerly called Pro-E.  If you go to youtube and search for "Creo Parametric" you will find a number of videos that will guide him along with designing in Creo 4.

PTC also has a number of free tutorials.

https://learningconnector.ptc.com/seeMore/creo/parametric?locale=en&contentLocale=en&includeEnglish=false&version=latest&contentType=tutorials&technicalArea=Tutorials

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Ok, but still a bit confusing... in my download of "Creo 4.0", a series of apps have been installed. One of them is Creo Parametric 4.0 M030, and another is Creo Direct 4.0 M030. I guess this "Direct" version is different to the v20.0 "Elements / Direct Modelling" you mention?

Anyone know where I can view a comprehensive list of native, import, and export files for Elements / Direct Modelling v20.0?

Thanks vm..
Top Tags