cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Learning Creo

ptc-4681031
1-Newbie

Learning Creo

Hi,

I have a student version of Creo and am having significant difficulty learning the program. The PTC learning exchange appears to have been arranged completely at random, making progression through a tutorial style system incredibly difficult. As far as I can find, there is no alternative tutorial system provided by PTC or affiliates that guides a new user through the program and how to operate it.

As a comparison, the Autodesk Inventor "learning resource" seems well structured and logical in it's approach, at least on initial review.

Is there a progressive tutorial system available for Creo 2.0 that I have missed, which is able to teach me how to use the program and it's features?

As background, I have used both 2d and 3d CAD packages previously, mostly Rhino and Autocad, neither of which is a parametric modeler.

Cheers,

4 REPLIES 4
JohnF
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4681031)

Go here and create a student account, you will find all the tutorial amterial you need.

https://plms4schools.ptc.com/precisionlms/app/pages/Login/;jsessionid=0A73AAB4BBBA0A203A9DE1F44DBE538B

Enjoy

Hi John,

Tried to create an account with the plms4schools site but have not heard back at this stage. Perhaps I don't qualify?

Thanks for the links Jehan! They look exactly like what I was chasing.

Hi Vladimir, I've found the learning exchange next to useless. As I posted above, there isn't any order to the entry's and searching for a basic concept, like how to sketch in Creo, nets very little of any value for a beginner.

As an example, I've tried to model a wheel rim. Should my sketch be made solely with lines and arcs, or is it possible to utilise the spline from the style tool as my base curve. What is the advantage / disadvantage of each approach if they are both valid?

Simple questions I guess, but I've found it difficult to find answers for them.

Cheers,

"Learning Exchange" by PTC (video tutorial): http://learningexchange.ptc.com/

Top Tags