cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Looking for Tutorial for sheet metal

ChristophHechl
1-Newbie

Looking for Tutorial for sheet metal

Hi,

i am looking for a tutorial for the sheet metal package, i am trying to use it to create a cover over to existing parts and i was hoping it would help me design one that simply fits exactly to the existing contour and afterwards unfolding it so i get a drawing for the cutting machine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No problem modeling the sheet part as a normal volume.

Before using the unfold function you have to give the part a material and must declare every edges as bendings.

The bended edges must not be sharp but with radius in the correctly thickness of the sheet.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Unfortunately it doesn't since i'm using Creo Elements/Direct (CoCreate Modeling) and not ProE and apparently the usage differs a lot between those two.

Ah, sorry. I use CreoElements/Direct. Click on help - help topics & it shows the basics on creating workplanes, adding lips, corner relief etc.

How complicated unit do you need to produce ?

I have already done all the basic tutorials and i have been able to create several parts and fit them together the way i want them to be. It's a welding construction. Now i am trying to create a cover that is bent around an existing contour on one side and then extends from there sideways to another part, which is basically like a wall.

My question is: should i forget about the sheet metal part altogether, just extrude a normal part and later try to give it some material properties so i can use the "unfold" function, or is there some way that i am unaware of to do this with the sheet metal package (which would sound reasonable to me).

?

No problem modeling the sheet part as a normal volume.

Before using the unfold function you have to give the part a material and must declare every edges as bendings.

The bended edges must not be sharp but with radius in the correctly thickness of the sheet.

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender
Top Tags