cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thermal analysis simulation w/ regards to gravity

hrichter
2-Guest

Thermal analysis simulation w/ regards to gravity

Hi everyone, I was wondering someone could help me out? I'm looking for a tutorial on how to perform thermal analysis with regards to gravity. Also known as thermogravimetry. I use Creo 4.0, by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't believe its possible with Creo Simulate since the application has no multi physics capabilities or CFD built in functionalities. The analysis you are looking to perform would involve loss of substance do to heating (like evaporation of water out of a sponge or lubricant seeping out of a material do to the material being heated.

Don Anderson

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I don't believe its possible with Creo Simulate since the application has no multi physics capabilities or CFD built in functionalities. The analysis you are looking to perform would involve loss of substance do to heating (like evaporation of water out of a sponge or lubricant seeping out of a material do to the material being heated.

Don Anderson

Ahh thanks for the clarification, Dan. 

I hate to ask again, but is there really no simulation that could recreate what this tool does irl? https://www.linseis.com/en/our-products/thermogravimetry/

I just want to make sure. 

Correct, not able to simulate this in creo simulate today.

You would have to go to a high end multiphyics software package.

Don

Top Tags