cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Use directives in training files.txa (made from trail files)

J.Wagner
9-Granite

Use directives in training files.txa (made from trail files)

Hey there,

does anyone know how to use the directives in the training files (.txa), that are made from trail files?

I tried to create a training file that shows how to create a cube. I wanted the user to input the name of the object and enter the dimensions. I followed the instructions from the creo help but I didn't get the user to input the dimensions or the filename.

Any help is appreciated.

Greetings from Germany

Jens

5 REPLIES 5

I'm in the same boat as you are as I cannot find anything on trail.txa files. anyone out there know where I can get a sample txa file with directives, please let us know.

What version of Pro/E or Creo are you using?

Actually it really doesn’t matter what version you are on when I think about it.

Good luck with this one!

You will find a set of instructions on using the directives in the Help files, just search the help for training file directives.

I failed however, all I can persuade it to do is put messages out to the user.

I had a text file called text.txt and in that file there is the following

#begin 1

this is a message

#end

#begin 2

let me out

#end

#begin 3

#end

I found if I didn’t have the third unused message it would append the second message with #en (oh joy – I am on WF4)

I had previously created and saved a cube which I opened in a new, empty session of Pro/ENGINEER and sketched a curve on one face to use this as the basis for the train file (copied it; renamed it),

Then added in the two lines highlighted in bold below at the point in the trail file as shown

Be aware it is the ` that you find in the top left hand corner of your keyboard (on UK keyboards anyway), and not the ‘ that I find under the @ on the keyboard

blah, blah, blah... ... ...

`file_open`

~ Activate `file_open` `Current Dir`

~ Select `file_open` `Ph_list.Filelist` \

1 `cube.prt`

~ Activate `file_open` `Ph_list.Filelist` \

1 `cube.prt`

!Command ProCmdModelOpenExe was pushed from the software.

!11-Mar-13 09:05:24 Start C: \cube.prt.1

!11-Mar-13 09:05:24 End C: \cube.prt.1

`file text.txt

`text 1

I added the `text 2 entry after sketching a rectangle in the sketch.

This did pause the trail/train file and present a grey info box with the messages as specified, I have to press q twice to get out of the message and then it carried on.

To do anything more than that seemed to be beyond me!

I cannot get it to interact with the user, the last time I did anything training file related was definitely pre-wildfire and quite possibly when Pro/ENGINEER was in it’s ‘teens’

In the end I decided that if I wanted to do some sort of training file I would be as well to just record little snippets of demo and let the users follow along.

I'm using CREO 2. Looks like you gave me the key to my problems

Be aware it is the ` that you find in the top left hand corner of your keyboard (on UK keyboards anyway), and not the ‘ that I find under the @ on the keyboard.

I did not realize that the ` on the upper left key was there. They sure do look the same,

' and ` . I place

`pause

on the trail file and it did paused it along with a dialog box "Single Step Trail" with 3 options Step, Continue and end.

thanks for the insight, now let me see if I can get the other 19 directives to work

Good Luck and let us know how you get on, I fear it may be much effort for not so much return??

Top Tags