cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Using CREO for 3 days...mind blown

mortega
1-Newbie

Using CREO for 3 days...mind blown

What do you guys think would be the best training avenue?  Take the intro to CREO 3.0?  I think the CREO 3 intro will help me understand what I'm being taught in CREO-NC.  I'm starting new after 9 years of MasterCAM.

TIA

2 REPLIES 2
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:mortega)

Michael,

Welcome to Creo Manufacturing !  Have you switched from MasterCam because of a job change or a change to align with the  engineering  department using Creo for design?

No matter which learning path you choose you have a pretty steep learning curve ahead if you are not used to Creo NC. Way back when I started with ProE(rev.17 or 18 I forget) I took an instructor led 5 day class for NC that helped me transition from SmartCam to Pro Manufacturing. It still was a struggle, but  at least I had an instructor to help with questions. I did the online courses(PTC university) when we switched to Pro Wildfire and thought they were pretty good and  not bad choice because you can go back and re-review the information as long as you have a subscription. I am sure the PTC U has improved since I did it several year ago.

Hope this helps

Steve

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply.  Yes, it was a job change.  I knew there would definitely be a learning curve, so now I'm looking for as much info as I can.  I'm getting OJT, but I definitely want to supplement that with formal training to learn the core functions to help with the NC side.

Top Tags