Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topics for February PTC/USER Meetings in Boston

Level 8

Topics for February PTC/USER Meetings in Boston

We have a few hours to discuss MBD within the Creo Design track at the PTC/USER Winter Event in Boston February 7-9. Looking at survey results from our last meeting I propose the following two topics:

• Created vs. Shown Dimensions for MBD
  • Using Creo View for MBD

What are your thoughts?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Topics for February PTC/USER Meetings in Boston

I was under the impression we were going to meet at the 3D CIC again and the poll shows the majority prefer May in Boston over January.

Are we planning 3 face-to-face meeting in CY17?

It may be difficult for people to get approval for 3 meetings.

~Kevin

Yes, it does look like 3 meetings for 2017. People may have to pick and choose which are the most appropriate for their company.

Survey results clearly show that our committee desires to meet after LiveWorx as opposed to the NIST event in MD.

What to expect for the MBE Committee in 2017:

• February 7-9: 2 1/2 day PTC/USER meeting in Boston, this will provide people with an opportunity to discuss multiple topics that span the interests of PTC/USER, MBD will only be a few hours of the overall event which is why I think it might be best suited for a focused discussion on Shown vs Created dims and potentially Creo View issues as well
  • May after Liveworx: I assume a couple of days for us to meet solely on MBE topic and would view this as a follow on meeting to what we had in Colorado
  • October after CIC: This provided an excellent opportunity for people to have an intense week of MBE focused discussions and gives attendees the opportunity to learn more about MBE beyond the PTC/USER base

So do we know if the MBD discussion would happen on the 2/9 afternoon, after the regular event? Need to know this to make travel plan. Thanks.

Margi, Those two sound right. I would like to at some point get back in front of the Creo View product manager and present my pitch from Nashville which was to enhance Creo View Design check to incorporate  defect assignment in the tool and to link in Windchill Action Items within the tool. May not have much value in your discussion, but I thought I would offer that up.

It will be some time during the event, scheduled to run all day Tues and Wed, Feb 7 & 8 and half day on the 9th. People should be able to fly home late Thursday afternoon.

Here is how the agenda is shaping up for the entire CAD track. Some changes may still occur, this is not the final order, there will be some comparison with the other groups to try and avoid obvious conflicts:

• Data Management with co-designs 
    • Creo Unite
  • MBD Shown vs Created Dims
  • Routed Systems for MBD
  • Better integration Creo View
    • Including MBD issues
  • Libraries
  • Customized automation to Creo and regression testing of builds
  • Open forum
    • Panel (Ask the experts)
    • CAD Wish lists
  • Wrap up
    • Next meetings topics

Margi, do we know the venue yet for travel plans?

Some additional information on the event:

• The event will begin the morning of February 7th and wrap up by noon on Feb 9th for 2.5 days at the Boston Park Plaza in downtown Boston
    • The room rate has been negotiated at $125/night including internet

• Entertainment and dining opportunities within walking distance
  • This is a face-to-face meeting and web or phone conferencing is not planned for the event at this time.

Good Morning Margi,

Do you know if there will be a registration taking place for the meetings or will we simply show up on Tuesday morning?