cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Datum Symbol dashed extension lines in ASME environment

Luis_Ernesto_Q
2-Guest

Datum Symbol dashed extension lines in ASME environment

Hello,

ASME Y14.5 2018 and 2009 are saying in paragraph 6.3.2.1 and 3.3.2 respectively that a dashed line must be used if the datum feature is hidden. By watching Fig 6-3 on the 2018 version I understand that "hidden" means behind the projected view.

My question is: Why is CREO 4.0 changing the extension line of a Datum Symbol from a solid one to a dashed one when I drag the Datum Symbol away from the contour line in a projected view where that contour is visible in solid line on the projected view? That is not happening if the Datum symbol is attached to a dimension and that wasn't happening before CREO 4.0, furthermore it is actually not what ASME is showing in multiple examples across the pictures of Y14.5 Standard (Fig 7-52 Datum A, Fig 9-2 Datum A, Fig 9-11 Datum A, Fig 10-2 Datum A, etc.)

This is creating confusion between the R&D and Metrology department in my organization. I appreciate your support to clarify this topic.

Dashed extension lines.JPG

1 REPLY 1

In the drawing properties look for "leader_extension_font"  change it to "solidfont" you will have to type it in.  It does not appear in my drop down window.

Announcements
Top Tags