cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Creo View Animation - Turntable Effect

ptc-842862
5-Regular Member

Creo View Animation - Turntable Effect

Hello,

We are looking to use CreoView MCAD to create simple animations showing a product from 360 degrees.  For this is i'm looking for a simple "turntable" effect but have not been able to create this within the animation module.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Creo View does not have a "Turntable" type effect (although this may be a good idea to post in the Product Ideas area to see if others would find it helpful), however there are a couple ways to accomplish this.

The two that come to mind are:

• Record a rotation around an axis if convenient using the transformation capability (you could rotate 360 degrees and capture it)
  • Record the camera rotation around the model by activating Record Camera and setting the capture setting to capture the camera.

Once this is done you can use the key frame editor to slow down the speed as desired.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi John, Are you looking to have this be an interactive turn-style animation with the ability to dynamically rotate the model back and forth with a preset view, or are you trying to simply record an animation with simple 360 degree rotation?
ptc-842862
5-Regular Member
(To:romorrison)

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking to be able to record an animation of an object rotating 360 degrees.  In some other rendering packages i can select a top level object and say "add turntable" and the object will rotate 360 degrees.  I am unable to find a workflow that will do this in CreoView.

Thanks in advance.

Creo View does not have a "Turntable" type effect (although this may be a good idea to post in the Product Ideas area to see if others would find it helpful), however there are a couple ways to accomplish this.

The two that come to mind are:

• Record a rotation around an axis if convenient using the transformation capability (you could rotate 360 degrees and capture it)
  • Record the camera rotation around the model by activating Record Camera and setting the capture setting to capture the camera.

Once this is done you can use the key frame editor to slow down the speed as desired.

ptc-842862
5-Regular Member
(To:romorrison)

THank you for your solution.  I have actually attempted this in the past but was using the properties menu to control rotation without success.  Rotating using the "ORB" allows the record function to run and holds the rotation point about the selected axis/point.  THANKS!

Top Tags