cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Export Drawing to DXF

Carguy131313
8-Gravel

Export Drawing to DXF

Hello Community,

I need some help with my DXF export.  I have a client who is requesting a DXF of a part which also includes a sketch.  Long story short there is a part profile and then some additional information contained in a sketch for the part.  The sketch contains locating geometry for manufacturing purposes.  The problem I am having is when I export the data to a DXF all of the information contained in the sketch is blurry or muted.  The detail around the physical part is clear and scales properly when I zoom in.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on and how I may fix the DXF export?

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

@Carguy131313 

Can you share some sample file for clarity of issue? 

Hi,

You may isolate that sketch as per the software available for manufacturing operations. Simply create a layer and add that sketch to it. Rename layer if required.

Hope this will help.

Hello all, 

Thanks for the replies and the suggestions.  I am happy to say I have figured out the solution but I must admit it's quite embarrassing.  The reason I was losing all of the clarity when I was exporting was simply because of my view display state.  Insert facepalm emoji here.  I had the environment and all of the views set to "shading with edges" and when I switched it to "no hidden" I was able to get the desired result.  I am falling on my sword here in the hopes this information can be useful to someone else.

-Mike

Top Tags