cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Help: Lost Username - No Access

AS_2388304
3-Visitor

Help: Lost Username - No Access

> How do I find / recover a lost Username?

Somehow when purchasing PTC.Mathcad I ended up creating a new account and it appears that I now even have 2x licenses on that new account. But unfortunately I am unable to access it as I do not have a record of the new user account.

The original account is for Legacy perpetual licenses but does not show the creditted PTC.Mathcad.Prime subscription licenses and does not appear to let me add them, hence the problem that has occurred.

Without my username for my currently licensed software I am unable to raise a service ticket to try to get this resolved. As I am unable to do it though the new account that I can't find/access and the legacy/perpetual just says that I do not have sufficent access to do that.

This is very frustrating and has been running round and round for months, without being able to use my purchased software.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

Try to use - "Web Account Case Logger" form, here: https://support.ptc.com/support/feedback/web-account.htm

The problem that I had is that I had an acccount with expired support, which used the same email address and therefore I was unable to access the live account and software as it always defaulted to the previous account. As this was not on live support I was unable to use the link suggested.This blocked access to support and therefore it has taken a very long time to work round this so that PTC can see that I actually have live paid up licenses and have then been able to start to make them available to me and also access to download any of the software that I had previously paid for as downloads were all blocked too.

However I can now, as PTC have now been able to find and link the two accounts, which helps and I can see the live licences, but account there were still some access privalendges to the management of the licences that were still not permitted. This is being worked on by PTC and should be resolved shortly and back up and running.

Therefore in summary the method suggested works for me now to raise a ticket. However it did not resolve the issue as the issue blocked access to this solution.

For anyone else with the same problem of crossed/lost accounts/licenses, it does not work until the new account and licenses have been found and can be creditted or cross linked, which needs PTC to action through their help system, which is blocked without recognising the live license. I had to hunt down and pester the service rep in my country to do some background work to find the other account and to set the ball rolling to a solution. Unfortunately for me this has taken me many months on and off to be able to get a resolution and to access the software that was already paid for and in desparation I even bought a second license on a second attenpt to get Mathcad, but could not access that either as it was credited to the hidden account and lost to me for months.

Thankfully I think that I am on the way to a solution now and will then have 2x identical licenses to load up and use for only the last half of the license period...

I hope that it is smoother and easier for everyone else and noone else has the problems and delays that I have suffered.

Top Tags