cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is case management notification broken?

Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite

Is case management notification broken?

I opened a case on Monday, Oct 15, sev 2.  Wasn't sure where to put it based on the problem (problem being a subject for another post in a different group, maybe).  The case showed as "open" once I completed the online form, and was assigned a number.  I never got an email confirming the open, the one that instructs you to reply to the email as is.  Figured it was queued up after a busy weekend, and didn't think much of it.

Come to the end of the day.  Still no email.  Hmmmmm. I open up the case online, and there is now an owner and an instruction from the case owner from me.  I never got an email on that.  I updated the case to let the owner know I am not getting updates, and could he please respond directly to me via email. 

The owner then decides to transfer the case.  No email.  I noticed because I am now constantly checking the case online.

The case is now with the new owner,  who apparently has to copy and paste my responses in to the case.  These show up as .msg updates on the case but you can't see the content (at least not from my side of the tool).

The email we are now using has the "cs_ptc" address cc'd.  I thought that, and the presence of the case number in the subject, directs the updates to the proper case.

I changed my case notifications to show me any cases opened by my company, where before it was set to just my cases, to see if that would kick anything off.

Before I posted this, I did a search on this community and found this post, which never really got an answer. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

This was a relay issue with the email address I use in my profile.  I added a secondary email address as a workaround.   I never would have known, since the DSN would go to PTC.  I appreciate Amit the Tech Manager phoning me and working this out so I can understand the issue!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Invisigoth
14-Alexandrite
(To:Invisigoth)

This was a relay issue with the email address I use in my profile.  I added a secondary email address as a workaround.   I never would have known, since the DSN would go to PTC.  I appreciate Amit the Tech Manager phoning me and working this out so I can understand the issue!

Top Tags