cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

July 2017 Web Release

PeterCase
16-Pearl

July 2017 Web Release

With resources still largely focused on migration of content and applications to a new web platform, we rolled out a small handful of web improvements this month.

Main changes were to the Technical Support Case Logger and were as follows:

Attachments can now be uploaded when opening a case

Previously, this was only possible once the case had been created. Selecting "Attach Files" will open up a window which allows you to browse and attach screenshots, log files and other important data to your case: Attach_Files.jpg

The browse supports multi-select using the "Ctrl" key, and clicking "Attach files" will show upload progress before you close the window to return to the case:

Attach_Files_2.jpg

In case NDA / ITAR is later selected, the files will be removed, and an informative error is shown if any filesize exceeds the 10Mb limit.

Expired SCNs removed from cache

We've experienced some instances of cases being routed to PTC's Renewals Team due to a case being opened with an expired Service Contract Number (SCN). This was causing unnecessary delays and frustration in case handling, and the root cause was often a cached, but out-of date value for an SCN, retained from previous sessions in the case logger.

From this release, expired SCNs will no longer be retained when you log a case.

Cloud customers open cases directly with PTC

For customers who usually receive Value-Added Reseller (VAR) support, when you open a case with a Cloud SCN, your case will be directly routed to the PTC team, who will deal with your issue directly.

"Connected" Case Logger updates

Partners can now also open cases using customers' connected systems, and we made a few cosmetic changes to align drop-down fields and glyph sizes.

Other changes this release

For a full set of release notes for the June 1st ("17.3.1") web release, see here. If you have any questions about the release, please let us know.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi Peter,

I will write here my questions, because I think it's related to the new web release.

One question at the moment is answered.

Other questions:

• It's since Wednesday that Performance Advisor site it's down. Have you got any information to share about it?
  • I would like also to inform you that today I didn't receive daily support mail.

Thanks

Marco

Hi Peter,

I think there is also something wrong with SCN (see attached image)

Cattura.JPG

And also all articles are now inaccessible, while cases in my company page are again no more visible.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Performance advisor is down for me as well.

timeout.PNG

@Marco_Tosin, @TomU,

As you'll have seen we hit some turbulence last week. A good number of the infrasructure issues we were facing (including an outage) were resolved after an issue with our load balancer was found and fixed.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience this caused when working with us online.

I reported the Performance Advisor issue to the PA team and this has been addressed now.

Please let me know in case you are still seeing issues with anything (PA, notifications, My Company collateral) when accessing from outside of PTC.

Hi Peter,

just tried and PA is still down.

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Performance Advisor is still down for me as well.  Internet Explorer just sits and spins. Chrome returns this:

WPA Down.PNG

PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

@TomU, @Marco_Tosin,

An issue was found with our Firewall configuration, which has now been addressed.

Please let me know if there are still any problems.

Now it works.

Thanks

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Yes, working for me now too.  Smiley Happy

Now I cannot access PA anymore.

Cattura.JPG

Marco
TomU
23-Emerald IV

This is caused by Akamai.  (A filtering tool PTC uses.)  You will have to contact support.  I still have issues when I try to open both PA pages at the same time.  I'm pretty sure this is also related to Akamai, but after months of waiting I'm starting to lose hope that support can figure it out.

pa_issues.PNG

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Without getting to technical, something you're doing is tripping up the filter.  Either you're trying to access content from two different areas simultaneously, you're tyring to load to many pages at the same time, etc.  If you wait 30 minutes or so it will probably start working again until you do something to again make it unhappy.  Very frustrating.

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

Thanks Tom.

Normally I have 7 PA for Creo pages opened at the same time in the same browser, and only once in a while I got access denied message (last time happened weeks ago).

Marco

Thanks both of you.

I'm in touch with both the Performance Advisor and Systems / Infrastructure teams on this. They'll investigate  what is harming your experience with the PA, and we'll regroup once we're sure of the root cause.

Peter.

Top Tags