cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Technical Support and eAlert emails

llie
16-Pearl

PTC Technical Support and eAlert emails

In the last week or two, the format has changed for the WORST. Each software used to be broken into builds like we subscribe to, Creo Parameteric listed Creo 2 in one section followed by Creo 3 in the next section under Creo Parametric.

Now they all fall under on section called Creo Parametric and are all mixed together. It is this way for each subject. Now I have to hunt and pick for Creo 3 Parametric issues.

Has everyone else seen this regression?

16 REPLIES 16
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:llie)

Me too.

Marco
Tmetcalf
Emeritus

Good day Lance,

Thank you for letting us know and I will be looking into the matter further.

I may not have an update until next week, but will post the findings when I have them.

Best,

Toby

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

It started with the emails last Friday 11/6. The email on Thursday 11/5 was broken down by version still.

Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Lance Lie, Mar Gru‌, Ben Loosli

We've found the root cause of the problem and are now working on a fix. We have 2 possible approaches to display the information and I am interested in your input.

Let's say we have 3 articles

• Article 1 which applies to Creo 2.0 and Creo 3.0
  • Article 2 which applies only to Creo 2.0
  • Article 3 which applies only to Creo 3.0

We basically have 2 ways to structure the notification email, both with pros and cons

• Option 1
    • We break down the list by Product/Version (based on what you subscribed to) : 1 section for Creo 3.0 and 1 section for Creo 2.0
    • Under each section, you'll see all the articles applying to this product/release with the caveat that a given article could apply to 2 sections. As a consequence, the email might be longer and some articles might appear several times in different sections
    • For instance in our case
      • Creo 2.0
        • Article 1
        • Article 2
      • Creo 3.0
        • Article 1
        • Article 3
  • Option 2
    • We just have 1 list per Product and add a column to the list which shows to which release the article applies to
    • It would produce a more condensed email, but would prevent you to have a "release" break down of the list of articles
    • For instance in our case
      • Creo
        • Article 1 -- Creo 2.0 to 3.0
        • Article 2 -- Creo 2.0
        • Article 3 -- Creo 3.0

Do you have a preference ? Which one would be the most convenient for you guys ?

I've been following this but haven't been in the discussion.

From the standpoint of one who uses multiple versions concurrently, depending on the client, I'd prefer option #2. That will allow me to scan for issues that are important to me then check to see if they effect the version I'm currently using.

Either one is an improvement over what is happening now.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I agree with Doug.

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Pierre_M)

I deal more with Windchill so I prefer Option 1. Seldom do Windchill articles cross multiple releases or if they do, it will hit every release out there.

From a Creo side, I only support 1 production version at a time, so Option 1 is ideal for me to see only those articles for Creo2 right now.

But if the majority prefer Option 2, go with what the majority want. (Right now it is Option2-2, Option1-1).

llie
16-Pearl
(To:BenLoosli)

All,

I like option 1. If it is not broke, then don't fix it.

It was great the way it was especially if you only follow one release like Creo 3.0.

Lance

Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Lance,

just to clarify the options, if a user only subscribed to 1 release, only articles relevant to that release will be displayed in the email. In our case, if user only subscribed to Creo 3.0, it will look like this

• Option 1
    • Creo 3.0
      • Article 1
      • Article 3
  • Option 2
    • Creo
      • Article 1 -- Creo 2.0 to Creo 3.0
      • Article 3 -- Creo 3.0
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Pierre Maraninchi‌,

I know it's slightly off topic, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix the article "Types".  Almost every article shows up as "New" even though most of them are not new, they have simply been updated.  It's very frustrating to read an article thinking it is new when I've actually read it a half a dozen times before (and can't even tell what's changed in the "new" release.)

See Re: Windchill 10.3 (X-26) for a previous discussion about this problem.  Back in July Heidi Khetani‌ said you were waiting for a vendor to fix this.

Thanks!

Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

I strongly agree with Tom.

Marco
Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Tom,

This is still on the top of our list. We had confirmation from vendor a couple of weeks ago that a fix had been postponed to later on in 2016. We are now working on a home made workaround. Heidi Khetani‌ will keep you posted as soon as we have some visibility on target dates.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Pierre Maraninchi and Heidi Khetani‌,  I've noticed that the knowledge base articles are now showing their original creation dates.  Yay! 

One problem though... the email updates are still calling the updated articles "New" when they clearly are not.

Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Tom,

you are correct. There is only a partial fix here, that's why we did not make an official announcement. We are still working on a fix for the email notifications

Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite

Good news, Option #2 has been implemented today! Work on "created date" is still ongoing though.

This is the new layout.

Support.PNG

Marco
Top Tags