cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Previously created license for organization

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Previously created license for organization

Hi,

Where can we find all the ThingWorx licenses created so far for our organization? In license repository, I see only the licenses created for last 7 days. Is there a way to see total number of licenses created from first to till date for the organization from licensing portal?

Thanks,

Shalini V.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @svisveswaraiya.

We do not track the number of licenses that have been generated by an organization. As an example, keep in mind that a rebuild of an environment would result in a new Device ID which would require a new license.  Therefore, the licensing mechanism in place is to ensure that a customer owns a proper entitlement.  It does not track the count of instances, as this is driven by your contract.

What is the reason for requiring this information?  I want to be sure I'm answering the question appropriately.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @svisveswaraiya.

We do not track the number of licenses that have been generated by an organization. As an example, keep in mind that a rebuild of an environment would result in a new Device ID which would require a new license.  Therefore, the licensing mechanism in place is to ensure that a customer owns a proper entitlement.  It does not track the count of instances, as this is driven by your contract.

What is the reason for requiring this information?  I want to be sure I'm answering the question appropriately.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @svisveswaraiya 

If the previous response answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags