cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Product Release Calendar - Missing Future CPS Info

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Product Release Calendar - Missing Future CPS Info

The new product release calendar looks nice, but it appears that we've lost visibility to the Windchill CPS (critical patch set) release schedule.  These used to be on their own dedicated page that could be accessed from a link on the calendar.  Unfortunately that link has been removed from the older (now archived) calendar and this information has not been added to the new calendar.  Please either add the future CPS release schedule to the new calendar (at least several releases out) or provide a link back to the page that contains this information (assuming it's still being updated).  Thanks!

TomU_0-1641229819162.png

6 REPLIES 6
aacciano3
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

@TomU 

Not only the CPS but also all the release of the Service Packs (the M010 and M020 builds).

Without that is really impossible to plan!

We are going to 12.1 and I recall that 12.1.1 was scheduled for Q2 and 12.1.2 for Q4.

Now I just to trust my memory.

@SteveShaw do you think is there a way to put that back in?

This type of visibility is critical, especially for companies that are trying to plan increasing PTC software footprint.

This is an example of how was before (I don't have a screenshot for Windchill, sorry):

aacciano3_0-1641485641708.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:aacciano3)

Agreed.  I'm sure PTC knows when they are targeting a particular release at least a year in advance.  Sharing this information with their customers helps us plan as well.

hlancey
8-Gravel

CPS releases are now included directly on the Product Calendar page. Just make sure that the CPS toggle at the top of the page is selected (it is automatically selected upon loading):

hlancey_0-1641490896247.png

Here you can see some of the CPS releases for the 12.0 release stream. The team is planning to add future looking CPS releases as well.

You can also find the old CPS page at this link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/release-calendar/windchill-critical-patch 

I spoke with the Windchill team today and they will add that link to the footnotes section of the Windchill product calendar so that it is easily accessible. 

aacciano3
14-Alexandrite
(To:hlancey)

@hlancey 

Great news for CPS.

How about build releases?

Example, when is PTC planning releasing Windchill 12.1.1 or 12.1.2 and what's their planned End Support Date?

They were available and visible to the customers before PTC changed the tool.

These info are critical for customers to plan their expansion footprint.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:hlancey)

The already released ones are not the concern.  It's the future ones that were.  The purpose of this post was to get these future CPS target release dates added to the new calendar, just like we had on the old CPS page.

TomU_0-1641491276077.png

hlancey
8-Gravel

The team is planning to add these future CPS releases, and they should be available shortly. I will confirm with them that they are also planning to add future maintenance releases as well (12.1.1, 12.1.2, etc.) 

(cc: @aacciano3 )

Top Tags