cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Technical Support Search field showing wrong search text.

MidwestMark
6-Contributor

Technical Support Search field showing wrong search text.

For the last several weeks, the PTC Technical Support Search has been replacing my current search term with an older search term.  This is repeatable across multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome) regardless of whether I delete my complete internet history or part of the cached settings.

In the image below, I searched for the text "MBR drive". You can see that as soon as the results page displays, the website replaces "MBR drive" with "wt.index.server.solrAdminPassword", a search I ran about a month ago.

How do I get the PTC website to retain and display the current search term?

SearchFieldMemoryIssue.png

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @MidwestMark

Thanks for reaching out on this. We're trying to understand the circumstances in which a "Default" URL parameter would be added. Are you accessing the search from a specific link, or bookmark ? Do you reproduce the issue if you access from https://support.ptc.com/search/Pages/results.aspx ?

Peter.

MidwestMark
6-Contributor
(To:PeterCase)

Clicking the link in you message automatically populates the search field with "wt.index.server.solrAdminPassword".

I usually start at https://www.ptc.com/en/support. The field displays properly there until I enter something new and click the search icon. Interestingly, the issue is not currently appearing in Edge, but I only use that browser as a last resort.

Thanks for the additional details. It's strange as we do not save anything from session to session. Your search should appear empty. No keywords, no filters, just the rolling search suggestion text which disappears when mouse focus lands in the search box. We made a few updates on our search platform on the weekend of Feb 6/7, so it's possible something has regressed on one or more of the nodes in the cluster (hence the behavior on Edge). I've opened an incident with the Search developers to investigate and address this, and will share an update once we're done.

Hi @MidwestMark ,

Just a quick additional check for your Chrome and Firefox browsers. Do you encounter the issue in Incognito Mode (or Private browsing for Firefox)?

Many thanks,

Peter.

VJ_9535639
4-Participant
(To:PeterCase)

Search is not functioning for some time now.  I get

Sorry, something went wrong.

Hi @VJ_9535639 ,

Could you help to answer several question to help us diagnose the issue?

1. Does this issue only appear in one browser or ALL browsers on your pc?
  2. Are you able to access below links?

Based on past occurrences, we suspect it's a similar issue caused by ad blocker.  Please go through related post and come back to me if this issue still exists.

uBlock Origin is Blocking Properly Access to Knowl... - PTC Community

Thanks,

Jenny

VJ_9535639
4-Participant
(To:Jenny)

Yes.  It must be something with blocking.  I tried in Microsoft Edge in IE where I don't have any blocking and it worked there.

That's great. Thanks for confirming this. 

Good morning,

Yes, I am still seeing this issue. It seems to follow me from one computer to another, so I believe it is linked to my PTC account and not just a browser cache issue. I am open to trying other methods of resolving the issue, as long as it does not wreck my call history or subscriptions to PTC articles.

Top Tags