cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unable to Hide Panel

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Unable to Hide Panel

I am unable to hide one of the new panels on the support home page.  See attached video. (Also attached.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU ,

The underlying mechanism for this is the "Dismiss Bucket" - same culprit as this issue from around this time last year. It's a part of our code that is not particularly scalable and we usually see this stickiness when a given user has a lot of items which weren't cleared by a reaper that runs and removes dismissals of expired items.

I've gone in and manually cleared a few of your dismissed and expired items just now. Could you please check again next week and update this thread ?

Many thanks,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU ,

The underlying mechanism for this is the "Dismiss Bucket" - same culprit as this issue from around this time last year. It's a part of our code that is not particularly scalable and we usually see this stickiness when a given user has a lot of items which weren't cleared by a reaper that runs and removes dismissals of expired items.

I've gone in and manually cleared a few of your dismissed and expired items just now. Could you please check again next week and update this thread ?

Many thanks,

Peter

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

@PeterCase,

The panel is hidden now, so it must have 'stuck' at some point in the past.  I guess I'll have to wait until the next new announcement to test again.  Thanks.

Top Tags