cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

what happened for the esupport?

Hunterli
8-Gravel
19 REPLIES 19
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Hunterli)

All reference docs seem to be down at the moment...

TomU_0-1655117581223.png

@PeterCase ???

TomU
23-Emerald IV

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I spoke too soon.  The links are there but most of them are dead. 

TomU_2-1655117978630.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I wonder if this is related to 12.1.1.0 not being publicly released yet.

TomU_3-1655118142784.png

Still, the links shouldn't be visible unless the content is also available.

Hi @Hunterli  and @TomU , 

Thanks for making us aware. It looks like we're having some connection issues with the media library on our web platform. We've reached out to the team in charge and let them know of the production impact. It affects reference documents uploaded internally via API, but not the ones attached manually. Once I have a timeline to fix I'll let you know. 

Best regards,

Peter. 

Hi @Hunterli and @TomU , 

You should be all set now. Please let me know if you still see any issues after a refresh. 

Many thanks, 

Peter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Much better!  Thanks!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@PeterCase,

Is something similar going on with the case tracker?  Every active case I attempt to view tells me it doesn't exit.

TomU_0-1655132463153.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Is something similar going on with the case tracker?  Every active case I attempt to view tells me it doesn't exit.

Whatever it was has apparently been fixed.  Cases are loading correctly now.

PeterCase
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

Thanks for confirming @TomU 

I wasn't able to reproduce earlier and we did need to perform a restart of all nodes to clear the issue with the Media Library above. 

Happy to hear it's working, but please let us know if you see any other issues. 

Peter.

Today, about 20 minutes ago, I hat this problem too.

I got the error message at all of my cases.

Meanwhile it's working again.

Hi @DomenicLaritz 

Thank you for letting us know this is still an issue.

I've investigated further to understand the breadth of impact. The symptoms are characteristic of the connectivity issues I reported here.

It looks like the fixes we rolled out to align API versions and reimport certificates in late May have not been successful.

Some further info to help with understanding the behaviour:

• When a case isn't found, we bounce the user from the Case Viewer URL: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=NNNNNNNN to a legacy URL with error handling: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/cards_call.jsp?n=NNNNNNNN
  • There's an expected baseline of "visits" to this URL (due to typos in the case number) which has been constant for many years.
  • A refresh of that legacy URL will only ever return the "Case NNNNNNNN does not exist" error (even if the case does exist).
  • Our users would need to return to the "real" case viewer URL and re=enter the number instead of refreshing.
  • We will integrate try-catch code in the new case viewer (under internal testing planned for release in the next 2-4 months) to return the user to the "real" case viewer first on refresh.

The volume of "Case not found" errors (bullet #2) doubled from the baseline at the time we started seeing the connectivity issues in late May, and have not dropped significantly since:

PeterCase_0-1655204204821.png

Next Steps:

I've checked in with our developers this morning and we've taken a decision to revert our connection code to the CRM platform, which was altered in late May at the time of the uptick. This will happen Thursday 16th June and should address the problems above.

We'll then monitor and adjust as needed, and replan the connection code update with more thorough load testing.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Peter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@PeterCase,

I'm still having issues getting to cases.  Something is sending me to the 'cards_call.jsp' page.  I've had this with links in emails and also with this field below the 'My Active Requests' section on the support home page:

TomU_0-1655987940255.png

Not working:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/cards_call.jsp?n=15649310

TomU_1-1655988268646.png

Working:

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=15649310

TomU_2-1655988323093.png

Hi @TomU , @DomenicLaritz , @Hunterli , 

Just a quick message to let you know that we successfully tested a fix on our connection CRM last Friday which resolves the above issues. We have a GO to push a fix tomorrow (05-July). Sorry this has taken us a long time. The fix involves several dependent components and it was important to ensure it was both secure and operational under load.

Please let me know in case you still see any problems from tomorrow afternoon onwards. 

Peter.      

Hello @PeterCase,
thanks for the info, I will observe the behavior.

Hi @TomU , @DomenicLaritz , @Hunterli , 

In the last hour we pushed the fix for this issue to all production nodes and performed the first phase of production validation. This side, everything looks good.

Could you please check and confirm whether you see any issues when viewing cases, articles, or logging cases ? 

Many thanks in advance, 

Peter. 

As far as I can tell after a few quick tests, displaying cases now seems to work without any problems. 👍

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Any links previously saved to the 'call_cards.jsp' page still don't resolve, but I'm not finding anything at the moment that is generating new links to that page.  Should links to this old page automatically redirect to the new one?

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/cards_call.jsp?n=15649310

Top Tags