cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

2022-06-10 Friday Humor (Say what!!!..... )

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

2022-06-10 Friday Humor (Say what!!!..... )

What a beautiful day here in West Michigan today!!! Summer hours, and outta here at noon.

Have a terrific weekend. Go dig in the dirt. Watch some critters (bugs, worms, birds, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits....) Spend time with their creator.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." --Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." --Western Union internal memo, 1876.

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" --David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.

18 REPLIES 18
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hello Dale!  Getting out of work over here in Saginaw at 2:30 and heading up to Houghton in the Keweenaw Peninsula for a week with the wife.  Have a great weekend!

Mike

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mkajdan)

There's a place up there west of Copper Harbor called Devil's Washtub. Superior probably hasn't warmed up enough, but it is a great place to jump off a rock formation into the lake. You'll have to ask the locals about it because it isn't posted.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Devil's+Washtub/@47.4787162,-87.9302191,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xb0717eb0cfaee9e0?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjm7f-ti6P4AhVRIc0KHQ2gDqgQ_BJ6BAhIEAU

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

I'll check it out but I think I'll save the swim trunks for the hotel jacuzzi!  No way Superior is warm enough for me.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mkajdan)

When we did it as a family, it was late June and a day in the 80's. Definitely an air gasping event.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Off today and packing for my flight tonight to Boise, then Anchorage in the morning with my wife and 3 grandkids.

Planning on the Gold Coast train ride on Wednesday from Anchorage to Seward and back. Four hours each way and 6 hours to roam the streets.

Back to Boise on the red eye next Friday night, then start the drive home to TN, should be back here by Monday night.

Have a wonderful weekend and week and safe travels to all.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Wow!  Have fun!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

A "red eye" flight and then driving - double Kudos to you!!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I've wanted to do the train trip in Alaska, just haven't done it yet! Some friends did a canadian one last month.

If you fly to Boise, what are you driving back in, @BenLoosli ?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

My wife and I drove to Phoenix in February for my 70th birthday with the weekend trip to Las Vegas for Chicago and Donny Osmond concerts. She stayed in Phoenix until mid-April, Drove to Boise and flew home for 4 weeks and then we flew to Dallas for granddaughter's high school graduation. I flew home and she flew to Boise to watch some younger grand daughters while their mom and dad took a 17 day rafting trip down the Grand Canyon. We will be driving back home in her 2020 Ford Transit Connect, leaving soon after unloading the grandkids from the Alaska trip. Should be home in TN next Monday evening. Then it is a James Taylor concert on Wednesday evening.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Wowzers, been a busy year for y'all and we haven't hit half way yet!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Second half of the year we will have to stay home.....mostly.

July 4th weekend to PA to see another son and returning to work on July 7th, my wife's birthday.

September, labor day week, my wife is back to Dallas to watch that son's youngest while they take the granddaughter to college.

October and I go to Orlando for PTC/User.

Probably that will be it, except maybe an odd day here and there just because. Will carry over vacation days again to the next year.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

When you you find time to work?   🙂

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I need the breaks between frustrating Windchill installs and upgrades. ☺

Here I am on vacation in Alaska with the 3 grandkids relaxing after sightseeing and I'm checking emails on my work computer.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Made it home Monday night.

Saturday drive was Boise to Little America, WY.

Sunday we got to St' Joseph, MO.

Monday to Knoxville.

Just over 2100 miles.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

And I just got back from the doctor after testing positive for COVID even though I had the Moderna shots last year and the booster in January. My wife has also tested positive. I guess some relaxing days to recover from the travels were needed.

Had to give away the James Taylor tickets to last night's show. Hope our friends enjoy it.

I should be cleared to return to work on Monday with a mask for the next week.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Oh no! Hope you get well quick.  Sorry you missed out on James Taylor, man, that is too bad!

Take an extra week off!!!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Finishing up some community work and then going to chaperone my two daughter's prom tonight.  Fun picture to follow!

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Sitting at home, feet up in the recliner...likely drinking a beer!!!  It'll be like heaven!!

Top Tags