cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

2023-02-24 Friday Humor (Water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink....)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

2023-02-24 Friday Humor (Water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink....)

It's spring!!!! Although they are talking freezing rain tomorrow. At least it's light after I get out of work.

Today will be a 2-part puzzle-riddle:

You have a three-gallon pail, a five-gallon pail & a stream of water.

How would you make exactly four gallons?

7 REPLIES 7
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

They say it is spring.  However, around here they are talking about inches of snow followed by 50's.  Mother nature seems to be confused and cannot make up her mind.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Apricot, peach and plum trees have already bloomed here in northern Italy.
The grass in the meadows is now 20-25 centimeters (8-10 inches) high.

Marco

Unfortunately, we still had a dry winter.

The water tables are currently at the level where they were last year in June.

I live in the area where there is the largest aquifer in Europe, and they say it would have to rain three months in a row every day to bring it back to normal levels.

It would basically take a new universal flood like in Noah's time.

Marco
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kdirth)

Another sign of spring for me is the open of the Soo Locks at Sault Ste Marie, MI.

I love watching the freighters (most of them are confined to the Great Lakes do to their size. (They cannot make it through the Welland Canal.

The first freighter will lock through at 12:01 AM tomorrow (1 minute after midnight).

https://www.lre.usace.army.mil/Media/News-Releases/Article/3329856/soo-locks-to-open-march-25-for-2023-shipping-season/

Gallons are not my unit of measurement but the concept is the same as liters in the international system.

You fill the 5-gallon bucket with water and then use it to fill the 3-gallon bucket.

This way only two gallons will be left in the five-gallon one.

You empty the three-gallon one and fill it with the two gallons left in the five-gallon bucket.

You refill the bucket of five and empty one gallon into the one of three that already contained two gallons.

In this way only four gallons will remain in the bucket of five.

Marco
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Marco_Tosin)

..... OK

So you have a 18.92705 liter bucket and a 11.35623 liter bucket......

Just thought math can seem a little hard that way....   🙂

Top Tags