cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

2024-02-16 Friday Humor (Is it to spec...)

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

2024-02-16 Friday Humor (Is it to spec...)

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Pipe Specifications

(Let the series begin…)

1. All pipe is to be made of a long hole surrounded by metal or plastic centered around the hole.

1. All pipe is to be hollow throughout the entire length - do not use holes of different length to the pipe.

1. The ID (Inside Diameter) of all pipe must not exceed the OD (Outside Diameter) - otherwise the hole will be on the outside.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Dale_Rosema)

When I first started in the engineering world many years ago, my first employer gave each employee a couple of notebooks with standards, references, guidelines, etc. As a complete newbie, in between assignments or more likely waiting on someone to drop by and answer one of the million silly question a fresh out newbie has, I would flip thru the book just to get an idea of what all was in there. Along the way, in the middle of standards and other important information was that list of Pipe specifications, tucked away as an easter egg for anyone to find! It was a much longer list!  

One of my favorite:

Pipe over 2 miles (3.2 km) in length must have the words “very long pipe” painted in the middle, so the Contractor will not have to walk the entire length of the pipe to determine whether or not it is a long pipe, or a very long pipe.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:StephenW)

Shhh.... as mentioned above, this is beginning of a series.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

StephenW_5-1708102730366.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

BenLoosli_0-1708104430833.png

Creo Sketch version

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I wish I would've thought about that!

Are you sure your constraints and dimensions match your design intent?

Top Tags