cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Community Recognition Inspired By Apples!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Community Recognition Inspired By Apples!

In standard New England tradition, my family recently enjoyed "apple picking" at Red Apple Farm in Philipston, Massachusetts.    I had no idea there were so many kinds of apples.  The beautiful Red Apple Farm has over 51 varieties !  We were able to find MacIntosh, Paula Red, Ginger Gold, and Honey Crisp.  We made two apple pies and homemade apple sauce.  Yum!!

Two bags of apples remain.  Do you have any favorite apple baking recipes to share? If you don't have a recipe, maybe you can reply with an apple quote!  I like those too. 🙂

Here's an apple quote from Henry David Thoreau, "Surely the apple is the noblest of fruit!"  What makes an apple noble?  Maybe it is because it is known that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away?" 

Apples have an array of antioxidants which helps prevent cell damage in the body.  Apples are also rich in minerals, fiber and vitamins (particularly Vitamin C).  What can be more noble than contributing to good health!

Our "Community Vitamins" are posts, ideas, replies, solutions, and kudos!  Our Top Community Engagers for August provided lots of vitamins!

Find your username below and enjoy your Community Manager's family pictures to the Red Apple Farm!

@Werner_E, @Fred_Kohlhepp @ValeryOchkov , @MartinHanak @ttokoro, @LucMeekes , @DavidBigelow @Pettersson @justinoberle @VladimirN @krthk86g @Dale_Rosema @wbottis @Ketan_Lalcheta @TNTWX @StephenW  @kdirth @TomU @Raccone @ranjank @YornEngtang @IST_1010

August_wordcloud.png

buntonfamilypicture.jpg

118735735_10220850391563722_335999676653079772_n.jpg

118808254_10220850391123711_657648858015250912_n.jpg

118882309_10220850387563622_3191030240321299388_n.jpg

118929117_10220850388883655_903686665821836025_n.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
LevBass
5-Regular Member
(To:Jaime_Lee)

The apple cannot be stuck back on the Tree of Knowledge; once we begin to see, we are doomed and challenged to seek the strength to see more, not less.

Arthur Miller

An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

All it takes is good aim. (Winston Churchill)

A bad apple can make a healthy apple rot, but a healthy apple cannot heal a bad apple.

(Mario Rigoni Stern - an Italian writer born in the area where I live)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Rigoni_Stern

Marco
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jaime_Lee)

My grandmother in Maryland used to make the awesome apple butter. I will ask the family if they have the recipe.

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:StephenW)

@StephenW That sounds delish! Please do!

Did you know that there were 17k named varieties of apple in the US...now 5k left?  Did you know that there is an Orchard Conservatory who preserves these and a project called the "Lost Apple Project"?   Your post made me think of an NPR stream I listened to while running errands.  How each apple is different...Unable to find the link to the stream, but here is a smaller article 🙂

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager
(To:Jennifer_Sledz)

Thanks, @Jennifer_Sledz  Great article!

Top Tags