cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Happy National Bestfriend's Day!

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

Happy National Bestfriend's Day!

I had to run an errand this morning and K-Love Radio told me it was National Bestfriend's Day.  Public school remote learning is wrapping up and my other two "real" homeschoolers are getting closer to being done to where I feel like the curriculum we paid for this year got its money's worth.  However, I am realizing this is still going to be a different kind of summer. 

My church just opened with restrictions around wearing face masks and less "congregating" so many of us are sticking with the online services. (Truthfully, I am worried that my family is getting a little "too comfortable" with this new normal). Vacation Bible School (which normally runs last week of June) was canceled, and the summer camp we volunteer as a family in Maine can't really take "out of state" volunteers.  My son's baseball season was "delayed" then the new requirements for the spectators to sit in cars and required face coverings  for the players running bases encouraged us to ask for a season refund. 

I am down with all this online, virtual work stuff, but I am really missing my in person friends!  When you are a parent of school aged kids, most of these friendships are very much tied to your kids' activities.  And, there are no extra-curricular kid activities right now!   I love the sibling love brewing at my house, but these kids are missing their in person friends too. I  think I will try to set up some extra zoom calls  or send out some texts this evening in honor of National Bestfriends Day!  

National-Best-Friend-Day-Messages-2020.jpg

Feel free to leave a tribute about your best friend or even a good best friend quote that I can share in my text tonight!  If I think of a good one during the day, I will post it too!

Let me close by saying...I really appreciate my online PTC Community friends.  Your participation, whether it is replying to or kudoing a post for encouragement, acknowledging and accepting a solution, or even showing your other community members a tip or trick you discover in the course of your work day, makes all the difference.  So, if you are finding yourself a little empty during this pandemic, know you are appreciated!  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Don't forget you can do something good for yourself and take advantage of our FREE LiveWorx  online event happening June 9th (TOMORROW!). I would register asap to plan what keynotes you want to block your schedule for and which on-demand learning you want to take advantage of.  Also, our friends at  PTC/USER are hosting virtual Open Houses for their  Technical Committees June 10th and 11th.  This is truly a professional development and PTC software enrichment week you don't want to miss!  Wishing you all Health-Happiness- and Harmony!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags