cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Helping each other in crisis

BettinaGiemsa
17-Peridot

Helping each other in crisis

All,

I wanted to share a little story that just happened to me yesterday at work, though it's not really work-related. 

I am working for PTC in Germany and in my small town, things are pretty well under control in the current situation. We have a partial lock-down and people are coping well with the situation.

A colleague from China - Renee - who I had been working with over the last 2 years on a couple of projects, had emailed me last week (that was for us the first week of school closures) and inquired about mine and my family's well-being. This was so sweet and thoughtful, and I was glad to hear from her that the situation in Shanghai is getting better.  She and her family were unharmed.

Yesterday, she then sent a follow up email telling me that face masks are not hard to get in China anymore and she offered to send some over to me so I could protect my family. This is the sweetest offer I have ever received from anyone I had never even met in person. And for me, this is such a great example of our #lifeatptc where human values count!

Let's keep sharing this kind of stuff here in the wider PTC Community - I believe that sharing bright moments in times of crisis is a good thing to do - do you agree? 

1 REPLY 1
Leigh
Community Manager
(To:BettinaGiemsa)

Bettina - what a great story!  Kudos to Renee and family!

There are some recent discussions in the US that some form of "face covering" will be suggested/required in the US.  

I would like to share a similar story to give credit to Germany.  My German friends and their mothers send regular care packages to my son with his favorite German foods.  I actually spoke to one today where they made the offer to send home stitched masks.  How awesome is that????  My response:  YES!  Thank you very much - and how can I reciprocate???  

Yup - I agree.  Let's share the bright moments!!  

Cheers!

Leigh

Top Tags