cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Invention of Inverse Passwords

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Invention of Inverse Passwords

I think softwares should include inverse passwords, especially for Creo users who always have their cap locks on.....

example of password:

ThisIsThePW123456!

software also excepts:

tHISiStHEpw123456!

Do you agree?

10 REPLIES 10
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dale_Rosema)

That would be nice.  However, IT would say "NO, that cuts your password strength in half.  🤣

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:kdirth)

But it would cut my typing in the passwords by more than a half.   🙂

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I don't know of ANY computer system where the password is NOT case sensitive!

Usernames are usually case insensitive, put not passwords. Just the way they are coded.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

Intermittent wipers weren't a thing until someone invented them.....

Just a dream...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I think that back in the late 90's, Intralink (pre windchill) would let you put your password in any order as long as you had the right letters/numbers.

Of course I think we used "password" as our super secure password. 

I will put an image about how passwords should be written and translate the text, because it is in a dialect of the region where I live.

The translation will not be literal because it would not respect netiquette, but I assure you that every time I read it I laugh for 10 minutes, which is the purpose for which I share it here.

Marco_Tosin_0-1683642791948.png

The word used as the initial password is cabbage
The error reported is that the password must be at least 8 characters long.

The second password always involves savoy cabbage and corresponds to a recipe from Veneto cuisine.

Here, in Italian, how to prepare "smothered" savoy cabbage

https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Verze-sofegae.html

The second error indicates that the password should contain at least one number

The next password is rejected because, although it meets the previous rules, it contains spaces that are not acceptable

The next one, without spaces, is rejected because it does not contain capital letters

The following is rejected because multiple consecutive capital letters are not acceptable

The following, in which the user threatens to throw cabbages at the system if it does not accept the password just entered, is rejected because it contains the word password

The last password entered, which is 76 characters long, the reading of which on television would be covered with a row of "beeps," and where in addition the user also shouts that he does not like cabbages, in fact hates them, is rejected because it has already been used ...

Marco
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Marco_Tosin)

HAHA, it's funny because it's true!

😂🤣😀

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Bleep, bleep, cabbage, bleep, bleep.....

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Or in cartoon script:

&%@*^$# cabbage &^#@!%^

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Passwords can be a pain. I have way too many. 

Years ago, when the company I worked for at the time upgraded and started requiring a screen saver password, my coworker thought it was a really big pain in the a** to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete then enter a password.  One of the workers made him a Ctrl+Alt+Delete "fixture" to press all three at once.  My coworker also went out and bought a Drinking Bird to set up to peck at the space bar when he was away from his computer.

kdirth_0-1683646320373.jpeg

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Announcements

Top Tags