Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just for fun:

Just for fun:

You are handed a sphere and asked to find the radius. How many data points are required to find the radius, how would you then derive the radius from them and find the location of the radius relative to those points in Pro/E?
17 REPLIES 17

RE: Just for fun:

Man, you guys are no fun at all....... Am I posting things no one even wants to think about?

Defining a sphere.

if one thinks about a 3-legged milking stool which will fit onto any surface or sphere, it follows that 4 points are needed to define a sphere

Re: Defining a sphere.

"Richard Alcock" wrote:

if one thinks about a 3-legged milking stool which will fit onto any surface or sphere, it follows that 4 points are needed to define a sphere

Make a datum plane thru pts 1,2,3. Then sketch a circle thru the 3 pts on the datum plane. Uh... sketch a point at the center of the circle? Uh... make an axis thu the point normal to the datum plane? Do the same with another combination of the the 4 points, like say 2,3,4. where the axes intersect is the center of the circle. Maybe.

"Grahame Ward" wrote:

Make a datum plane thru pts 1,2,3. Then sketch a circle thru the 3 pts on the datum plane. Uh... sketch a point at the center of the circle? Uh... make an axis thu the point normal to the datum plane? Do the same with another combination of the the 4 points, like say 2,3,4. where the axes intersect is the center of the circle. Maybe.

Definitely make it a Guinness! Yes, I'd put a line from the perimeter to the center of the circle too. That would be apparent if I was doing it on Pro rather than in my head.

"Grahame Ward" wrote:

Definitely make it a Guinness! Yes, I'd put a line from the perimeter to the center of the circle too. That would be apparent if I was doing it on Pro rather than in my head.

"Grahame Ward" wrote:

Great fun
Announcements
Register Now!