cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Rendering in Creo.....Sux!

DeanLong
10-Marble

Rendering in Creo.....Sux!

I think my title says it all.

11 REPLIES 11

I'd give it 5 stars, not just 3.

Saw this today on the PTC_Creo twitter feed:

PTC Creo on Twitter: "Real time rendering app coming with PTC_Creo 4.0. #LiveWorx https://t.co/IQnY3g7K2k"

CkbY3w0WsAAg_Ci.jpg

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
cdown
4-Participant
(To:dgschaefer)

now is that just a link into Keyshot or is PTC buying out Keyshot??

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:cdown)

I don't think they're buying Keyshot (the company), but rather licensing the technology to be embedded into Creo.  But that's just speculation, all I know is what I saw in that lone tweet.

--
LinkedIn

Something definitely happened between Wildfire and Creo. I recently launched my WF4 license and did a render and compared it to a similar config in Creo and the difference is shocking. WF was rich and visually striking. Creo is muted and bland.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DeanLong)

Did your title get censored?

Affirmative, Ghost Rider. No coloring outside the lines allowed any longer.

I used the word secksy (properly spelled) in another post and got asterixed.  I for one am glad that Jive is protecting our sensitive eyes from such depravity.

Pretty funny, though, that the title in the browser tab still shows the word you used.

--
LinkedIn
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dgschaefer)

Haha, that's funny, I hadn't noticed that. I censored it just in case, you never know who's looking!!

But there are two things here, Real Time Rendering, and Rendering.

Ray Tracing technique it will USE AND ABUSE your processor and your RAM. And even with that, the results are not good enough, often the shadows that offers are not realistic if are not rendered at full resolution (because are mostly hard shadows), I mean, to get realistic results you can use the ray tracing technique but you must use other adjustments as well.

Use another software to render! That's the best solution.

Rendering in Creo, well.. is rendering in Creo.

PTC -should- have created a POV-Ray link long ago and a Blender link more recently.

Example POV_Ray

POV-Ray Hall of Fame: "Tribute to Myrna Loy"

POV-Ray Hall of Fame: "Pebbles"

Top Tags