cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Sous Vide - I have a new toy to beat the Covid cooking doldrums!

Leigh
Community Manager

Sous Vide - I have a new toy to beat the Covid cooking doldrums!

Anyone out there interested in/using a Sous Vide?  

If so - let me know.  Tempting fate by following a recipe at 185 Fahrenheit/24 hour recipe for beef brisket....

Fingers Crossed!

Leigh

IMG_0502.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Leigh)

We have one as do most of our children. We all love it. Started cooking with it over a year ago.

Great for steaks, put them in at 170 for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, then grill for 5 minutes per side to brown the outside.

The meat is pink all the way through.

We have the Anova and then bought a bigger tank to hold more.

The Sous Vida gets more use than the InstaPot! A couple of the children love the InstaPot for quick meals for their children when things get hectic. 

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:BenLoosli)

The main thing I use the insta-pot for is bone broth for soups. Save all you veggie scraps in a ziploc in the freezer (carrot peels, ends of onions, ends of celery, .....). Save chicken bones either from rotisserie chickens or regular chicken. Add them all in the insta-pot with seasoning and hit the soup button. A few hours later stain the results and you have tremendous broth for soup. (If you want, you can hit the soup button again and cook it twice as long).

Try that if you haven't yet.

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:Leigh)

Thanks guys!

The brisket turned out great!  And like @BenLoosli , I started with the Anova and have now upgraded to the bigger pot!  Thinking of what we can make over the upcoming Labor Day holiday!!

@Dale_Rosema Great suggestion on the bone broth - I will have to look for a Sous Vide receipt as I don't have an Instapot.....

Actually, I am embarrassed to say I seem to have missed that "Instapot trend" entirely!  I asked my friends about it and they had a field day giving me grief on being totally unaware....   😬😁

Top Tags