cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

WFH? Work Birthdays Don't Have To Stop

Jaime_Lee
Community Manager

WFH? Work Birthdays Don't Have To Stop

Here we are 6 months after the "2020 Covid-19 Pandemic Shutdown" began. I think back to my last week at PTC Boston Seaport Headquarters.  It was actually a pretty monumental week for me at PTC.  I met my new boss @Jean-Christophe who came in from Europe just to meet me (maybe  he had a few other meetings as well) 😉 Below is a picture of our  "PTC Employee Social"  where PTC treated us to skating and appetizers at the Tuscan Grill.

bostonjc.jpg

Six months have really gone by quite quickly even though in some ways during this pandemic,  I feel like I am standing still.  I truly appreciate JC 's collaboration and true team spirit! JC is an incredible leader. His support, encouragement, and enthusiasm is fostering community growth and expansion.

This week the PTC Community Team was also glad to throw JC a surprise virtual birthday party.  My kids got in on the action and emptied out our "Birthday Closet" to decorate my whiteboard.  (Doesn't everyone have a birthday closet from "birthdays past"... Blue's Clues left over goody bags, Disney princess blowers, and first birthday baseball themed decor? It probably helps that my mother lives with us and loves to organize!!)

birthdayboard.jpg

birthdaysign.jpg

fullpicturebirthdayboy.jpg

@Leigh and @IgnacioFdB   were good sports and swapped out their Microsoft Teams background too!

I want to encourage everyone to try to connect with your co-workers. I know "zoom exhaustion" is becoming a thing, but having lighthearted fun is essential for good mental health, well-being, and productivity too!

Now next on this month's "mom to do list" ....I need to plan a replacement for my son's annual nerf gun birthday party that usually yields a minimum of 20 kids loose in my backyard.  Has anyone done any virtual parties for work or family?  What ideas do you have that you can share with the PTC Community?

1 REPLY 1

This was indeed a touching moment for me, and a complete surprise.

And probably my first birthday party with a baseball-themed decoration 🙂

Top Tags