cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

3D Note annotations

rrich
2-Guest

3D Note annotations

Ok I need to ask why or how? I have seen the demos I have done these in the past but why can't I see my 3D note annotations now.

Below is a link of what I would like to do but I am having no luck. I make the note annotation then I get a line of text in my status window that says the feature number (same as the annotation) has been suppressed in this instance of the part name I am working on and nothing shows on the screen. So I created a brand new part and tried to annotate that. Again I create the note without an issue but it does not display. It does not tell me it is suppressed like in my other part, but it does not show. Yes I have tried the toggle icon for annotations, and still nothing. I have tried the show annotations dialog and click on the note tab and then click on the annotation in the model tree but nothing appears in the window to check. My first part had some of the notes show up in the annotation dialog box but still checking the box had no effect on display.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
iancure
1-Newbie
(To:rrich)

Just upgraded from WF4 to Creo2 M120.

Trying to view 3D part annotations in an assembly.

In WF4 we had a config option "visible_annotations_scope all" set which worked.

This option in not available in Creo2.

Doe's anyone know if it's possible to view 3D part annotations in an assembly?

Cheers

Ian Cure

Ian,

In Creo 2 you can show the annotations at the part or assembly level. If you have already saved your annotations at the part level, open your assembly, go to Annotate tab and choose Show Annotations. When you pick the desired part the only annotations that will appear are those pre-determined at the part level. If you pick a feature in the component that doesn't have any pre-determined 3D annotations nothing will show up.

You can also select your part feature and choose Show Annotations from the Right Mouse Button popup menu.

Hope that helps!

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated

iancure
1-Newbie
(To:rrich)

Thanks for the quick response.

The annotation is placed (by a toolkit app) onto a co-ordinate system and a surface. I think I may be falling foul of not having a defined annotation plane...

Part...

[cid:image001.jpg@01D007F4.3C8C0B90]

Assembly..

[cid:image002.jpg@01D007F4.3C8C0B90]

Cheers

Top Tags