cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

3D degree symbol in sketch

RubenPas
9-Granite

3D degree symbol in sketch

I want to mill text in steel. The text is 30 "degrees"

With the font3d (and all other 3d fonts) it gives a circle. But what I would like to have is a "tube" geometry, with inner and outer diameter. Of course I can add another feature but I would like to have it in the same sketch. See .png attached

Enhancement request? Or am I missing something?

It's for Creo 2.0 (with 4.0 coming up). Ruben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:RubenPas)

Maybe just draw it with two circles? If you make the text right-justified you should be able to dimension the circle from the end of the text, so it's not dependent on the value for a correct position.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@RubenPas wrote:

I want to mill text in steel. The text is 30 "degrees"

With the font3d (and all other 3d fonts) it gives a circle. But what I would like to have is a "tube" geometry, with inner and outer diameter. Of course I can add another feature but I would like to have it in the same sketch. See .png attached

Enhancement request? Or am I missing something?

It's for Creo 2.0 (with 4.0 coming up). Ruben

Hi,

I guess it is possible to modify the degree character definition in the 3D font.

Martin Hanák
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:RubenPas)

Maybe just draw it with two circles? If you make the text right-justified you should be able to dimension the circle from the end of the text, so it's not dependent on the value for a correct position.

Yes, that is indeed the fast way that I took. I will take a look in the font, as Martin mentions.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your reaction. Ruben

Top Tags