cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

3D modeling help, Rotating

kmccrudden
1-Newbie

3D modeling help, Rotating

How do i rotate an object in PTC Creo, i have uploaded a tetrix part and can not rotate it around

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kmccrudden)

Ahh, what Amit was saying is a visualization thing that doesn't change the model, you actually are looking to change the model.

Are you trying to animate or drag/rotate a part that is assembled as if it it moving or did you assemble the part incorrectly and want to correct it's orientation in the assembly?

If you assembled something and you need to fix it's orientation, simply select the part and edit definition to correct the assembly constraints.

If you want parts to "move" like they function, you will need do something like Video Link : 4462

It's a creo 1 demo, but I don't think much has changed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Kevin,

You hold down the Middle Mouse Button and move the mouse around to rotate the model.

Thanks,

Amit

‌Thanks for responding, but when you do that you rotate around the object. Not the object itself, I am trying to assemble a robot. I have some of the parts in already and when you click the middle mouse button it rotates around the models not one specific model. Even if I select just one.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kmccrudden)

Ahh, what Amit was saying is a visualization thing that doesn't change the model, you actually are looking to change the model.

Are you trying to animate or drag/rotate a part that is assembled as if it it moving or did you assemble the part incorrectly and want to correct it's orientation in the assembly?

If you assembled something and you need to fix it's orientation, simply select the part and edit definition to correct the assembly constraints.

If you want parts to "move" like they function, you will need do something like Video Link : 4462

It's a creo 1 demo, but I don't think much has changed.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:StephenW)

Or better yet on the mechanism side, Vladimir Palffy has created some great tutorials 4K Side | Creo Tutorial: How to create a pin connection

ProE and Creo Tutorials| 4K Side

Yea I am trying to rotate the object, I am building a robot for FTC and needed to rotate the piece to then constrain it to another. I was trying to flip a channel right side up and insert a screw. And I could not find the rotation tool, I am not trying to animate. Thanks for the feedback, and I will try the methods you both have given me.

Top Tags